IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Is it Possible to live without TV?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Germain MUHIRWA, May 29, 2015.

1. PnkyBrewster

PnkyBrewster New Member

Living without television is definitely possible. I work a lot and don't always have time for television, rather than watching a show or film I read a book or do a craft to unwind. I went for about a year without watching much if anything at all without even realizing it because I spent more time with my kids doing crafts and reading.

2. Kronnoz

Kronnoz New Member

Yes, it's possible. But it depends on your way of life, I do not go out much of home, watching TV ends up being one of the few forms of entertainment. In my case it is much more difficult :confused:

3. hurtadoluisalex1

hurtadoluisalex1 New Member

Its really conceivable, In the event that we don't have any entrance to the TV we might be distraught for a day or all the more however no more extended then that. We have seen many individuals without TV in their home more cheerful then us. They are as yet living. We may think that its troublesome for quite a while however after some time thing will settle all alone. The TV might be supplanted by different means like radio , web.

At long last about our propensity , we may get ourselves occupied in playing diversions, perusing books , imparting our insight and different exercises.
    Yes I could live without a TV, however certainly wouldn't have any desire to. TV is the place I go to unwind following a days work. It's my break from the standard work a day way of life.

4. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit New Member

I think it's perfectly possible, after all, everyone lived normally millions of years ago before it (the TV) was created. The problem is that our generation is - unfortunately - being "swallowed" by technology and getting out of control (and this, in my opinion, is a very worrying fact).

We have to "take back" control of our lives, because the technology is here to help us, not dominate us. Think about it. ;)

5. zubair

zubair New Member

It is impossible to live with out television, because it gives us entertainment and many more things to kill the time. We can get many information from it if we use it. We can get information about academic, trades and especially news of our country as we can get internal news from it. Now a days i think with out watching television like a no informative world in which any one is living.

6. Fatjon

Fatjon New Member

Why not ! I do not see any problem living without watching TV.By myself i spend many hours in front of my computer ,surfing and working ,i do not really need to watch TV . I like this way living without TV,i think TV remains us the old fashioned way ,to be the very first output visual worldwide information.

7. BloomingThrough

BloomingThrough Member

Yes, I think that it is possible for anyone to live without a television. You were introduced to it you weren't born with it, and it's not necessary for survival. It's a choice that a person choices to make. Some people may feel like they couldn't simply because television gives you something to do. People become addicted to their favorite shows and they don't want to miss out. Watching television isn't mandatory and it doesn't have to be on all times of the day. It seems as if having a tv on is filling some type of void because when it's on some people don't even watch it, they're on their phones, and may glance at the tv every now and then. The tv is basically watching them. I don't have a tv in my room and when people come over it's one of the first things that they ask about, sad right. It's many different forms of entertainment and I won't limit myself to television.

8. Queeresau

Queeresau New Member

I proudly can say that yes, it is. If we really think about it, TV doesn't have such a big impact on us as it used to 40 years ago. And I think that this impact transferred to the internet, it's much wider than television and more personalized, if you can say it like that. With the internet we basically have the whole world in our hands and I think that's why it has such a big impact on us.
    And now, it would be really interesting to see if someone can be that amount of time without using internet. I'm pretty sure that it would be harder to live life like that in almost every single aspect.

9. LadyMae

LadyMae New Member

Yes, I think our world would have a chance to make decisions for themselves if they switched the television off! It has become much to convenient for us to have the television in the background, and this in turn has given us a false sense of having 'companionship' with the media. In this world we live in, it is extremely important to inform yourself and to do your own research - watching television can almost fool us into thinking that anything we see on our screens must be true. Let's turn off the television and go outside - you might find out more about yourself too!

10. Nicci R.

Nicci R. New Member

It is possible to live without TV. I survived without a TV for many years. I do not watch much TV now. I usually prefer watching television shows on my computer or tablet. I read a lot when I'm not on my computer or tablet device.

11. Sidney McCall

Sidney McCall New Member

I believe that you can live a life without watching TV because so many people lived very enriching lives before TV was ever an option for everyone. I personally like watching TV because I enjoy all of the different story lines that people are able to make up. I especially like watching shows that make me laugh.

Besides with how affordable having TV is these days with Netflix and Hulu it makes it much easier for people to see. Now that we have easy access to TV it would be hard living without it, but I believe it can be done.

12. tiplove2228

tiplove2228 New Member

that bad i always try to plug it up so it want get low

13. writerruth

writerruth New Member

Hmmm... That all depends on what is meant by not "watching TV" since nowadays you hardly need a television in order to watch shows and films of all kinds via the internet! But I digress and will say that "yes", it is possible to live without TV. We don't get shelter or nourishment from it, so it is completely possible! :p

Now, if you mean to ask if I personally enjoy living without TV, well then, that is a completely different question. :rolleyes: My answer to that questions is both "yes", and "no". "Yes" because it is refreshing to have my own thoughts, be aware of my surroundings, and to get things done that I might otherwise put off for another day.

My answer would lean towards "no"(refer back to the first paragraph) on days that I was feeling a bit run down and "under the weather". Those are the days that I would use films as a way to relax and take my mind off of the troubles of the day and simply give myself a break in order to rejuvenate.

With both of my answers said, I have not owned a TV in over 30 years! But I do know my way around the internet!;)

14. writerruth

writerruth New Member

<<This post was a double and I don't know how to delete it, so I changed it to say this.>>

15. smclendon

smclendon New Member

Yes, it is possible to live without television. When my children were young we barely watched it. In fact, from the time I lived in the school dorms to my first couple of apartments, I survived without a television set. I was heavily into music so my entertainment was the radio or my CD's. Even now, I mostly use the television set for background noise and there are only a few series that I watch regularly. I will admit that I am a big fan of the Horror genre, so if I am watching television, it is usually a horror flick.

16. Lee Ka

Lee Ka New Member

It is possible for me and my family as our home is without TV.

My husband and I decided not to let our children watch TV programs when they are still young, hence we did not turn on the TV while my eldest was around. We moved away the TV at home since our first child was 2 years old, which is 6 years ago. I don't think we will buy a TV at least in these 10 years.

17. Sujeeth

Sujeeth New Member

"We could live without tv just get rid of the invention tv and then no one would ever watch tv again!
    Tv is not the only thing we live off of other things to like phones and iPads and computers everything we have to rely on these things but what we don't need to rely on the most is tv because tv is one thing we don't need at all! Goodbye!!!!"

18. Anas Naji

Anas Naji New Member

I lived most of fall last year and all of spring this year with no TV. Games I would watch in a pub/bar/friends house/online, TV shows online.

19. Gdrayton

Gdrayton New Member

Yes. It is absolutely possible. The time that one would normally spend watching tv is also a great time to spend bonding with your family. There are so many wonderful opportunities to explore. Unfortunately television has taken a front seat and many are missing out on the simple but good things in life.

20. Shana-Kay Barrett-Smith

Shana-Kay Barrett-Smith New Member

Yes, it is possible to live without television. Television is not vital to life like: air, food and water.... so, yes. Many people find it hard to feel lively without watching television because we have grown to love it due to what we see and love on it. For some of us, it is an addiction that is hard to overcome.

Television lets us view actors and actresses who some of us idolize and admire. We see them as our television family members and grow with them. We have a connection with them. Going without television is therefore going on in life without family and friends and that is depressing and hard to do.