IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Is it Possible to live without TV?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Germain MUHIRWA, May 29, 2015.

1. Mortemonee

Mortemonee Member

I think the way things are in the century we are, I believe without a TV in the house it will be so bored and you will feel so lonely, as for me I can't do without tv

2. Shana-Kay Barrett-Smith

Shana-Kay Barrett-Smith New Member

Yes. I know the feeling. On the contrary, there are things that we can do other than watching television to bring us enjoyment. What about playing in the park/yard/streets, playing hand/board games or creating other forms of enjoyment? It happened in the past and it can happen now.

3. macyyx

macyyx New Member

test post 1

4. macyyx

macyyx New Member

test post 2

5. macyyx

macyyx New Member

test post 3

6. macyyx

macyyx New Member

test post 4

7. macyyx

macyyx New Member

test post 5

8. macyyx

macyyx New Member

test post 6

9. Win Winata

Win Winata New Member

I think yes, since I almost never watching TV and just watch any news and movie from youtube or PC.

10. khawer ali qureshi

khawer ali qureshi New Member

Its more than 12 years that i have not watched T.V. I don't feel freedom of desire over T.V as we have to be bound to watch whatever is being broadcast. While on the computer or the internet you are free to watch the movies and listen to music of your on choice. Even you can find the solutions and can get help online. I think News is the only thing that is the preferred by aged people. While on the other hand now a days Smart T.V is also available in the market for a better user experience.

11. RenoGerman

RenoGerman New Member

You can definitely live without TV. When I was in college, I was living alone. I had a TV but I rarely turned it on. I can't live without music though. Music is food for my soul.

12. Ruth

Ruth New Member

It is not possible to live without a TV Because how will you get updated on what goes on in your country if you do not have a TV

13. Treon

Treon New Member

was that sarcasm or? you don't need TV for news. You can always read newspapers.. like they did in the past.

To answer the initial question. Yes, it is completely possible. Most people do not realise but TV is still a luxury. You can live without luxuries. I personally know a woman that doesn't own one. She hasn't watched TV in over 10 years and when I asked her how does she do it, she simply replied that she got used to it and no longer feels the need to watch it.

I spend more time on the internet then watching the TV, so a harder question would be, if I can live without the internet, haha.

14. maryliz2017

maryliz2017 New Member

Yes, it's possible to live without TV. Many people save money by not subscribing to a cable or satellite package. Many people are now turning to a la carte TV, which is live TV broadcasted over an internet connection. I personally have switched to this type of TV, saving $100 per month by leaving my traditional cable company.

15. Mrs.Wilson

Mrs.Wilson New Member

Definitely! I barely watch TV anymore. It's not that I don't want to watch it; There's just nothing on TV anymore. I do watch shows occasionally on TV services like Hulu. I think I could go without those times as well because I am more into the internet than I am TV.

16. mham4u

mham4u New Member

Let me start off by saying I have tried to live without cable and Direct TV and it was the hardest thing ever. This was during a time when I was trying to save money by lowering unnecessary bills. My cable television bill is upward of $110 per month. I searched online for other alternatives to cable and a lot of people were recommending Sling TV. So, I look at the reviews for Sling TV and they were okay reviews with very little cons attached. I then ordered Sling TV and I instantly switched back to cable TV. Sling TV did not offer program recording and did not have a lot of channels. Although, I am still trying to get off the hamster wheel called cable TV I have not been able to remove cable TV from my life.

17. Aditya tripathi

Aditya tripathi New Member

For me living without T.V. is possible but without my laptop its not possible. Everyone had different view on there addict of anything.

18. Arly2298

Arly2298 New Member

Actually, the TV is something that has been drastically evolving throughout the time. Years ago, TVs used to be really big sized to the point you needed around two or three people in order to move it anywhere, it really was tedious, I suppose. Nowadays, TVs are flat, thin and well, they do have many other specs that make them look cooler than they used to. However, watching TV is not as common as it used to be back then due to the appearance of the Internet. Many people say that YouTube is the new TV, and it really is making sense so far.

19. Aditya tripathi

Aditya tripathi New Member

You are absolutely right I too use a YouTube as my T.V.

20. Big Daddy

Big Daddy New Member

I dont even watch TV no more, everything is online, the tv was the only way to lose time and watch alot of stuff, but all of that is now online.. so yea TV is almost dead bro