IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Is it really important to have an internet connection at home?

Discussion in 'Internet' started by jaybee19, Mar 30, 2018.

1. jaybee19

jaybee19 New Member

As a college student and an online freelancer, internet is very important for me. I actually do all of my research using the internet because I don't like to go to the library. I'm also a student and online jobs are the only jobs that I'm eligible to have as of the moment. However, I am also skeptical about the importance of the internet considering that it also makes me very addicted to the point that I always lack sleep because I'm connected to the internet at least 5-10 hours a day.

I'm thinking, if a household has an internet connection and most of it's users are just using it for fun and not for education and freelancing, would it really be worth it to have an internet connection at home? I mean, if it does affect the sleeping habits and the lifestyle of it's users, especially school children and teenager students, is it really important to have an internet connection?

2. xxxgone

xxxgone New Member

Instead of removing internet couldn't you just make yourself get of the internet? Just start slowly taking away 30 minutes a day, everyday until you've finally gotten to a point where you feel your not loosing your life to the internet. Cutting yourself of the internet simply seems to bothersome considering that in the modern world you need internet. Email, online banking, YouTube are all important parts of our lives and make it impossible to cut off the internet.

3. justmine

justmine New Member

In my situation I think it's really important. I need the internet for my job because my boss always sends a lot files to my email and I can't receive that without the use of the internet. I'm also using my internet for my additional income. I used write some articles and I'm also a freelancer who's looking for some possible clients online. Our internet connection helps a lot also for being always there if I'm looking for possible solution online specially about my problems. It helps me a lot also to have an additional knowledge by learning from videos and articles about cooking. The most important thing why I need the internet is to contact my family. My brother right now is in New Zealand and my parents still in the province. I need the internet to for better communication using some video calling app. It's really hard to live right now without your personal internet connection, specially to all students, they need that.

4. rehema yeswa

rehema yeswa New Member

It is more than important to have an internet connection at one's place. Reason being that you'll not spend much on buying internet bundles. What I mean is that having the internet installed at your premises is cheaper as compared to buying internet bundles daily. It is also important because the world that we're in at the moment, one can't survive without the Internet. Most of the things we look for are there. For example daily news updates, what's going on in different countries, what's trending, and most of the people work online to earn a living too. Hope you get my point.

5. Shahnameh

Shahnameh New Member

Well, For me yes, It is important to have an internet at home, I usually use my internet to browse social media to be updated, and also to watch movies, I also used the internet to find interesting news, I also use the internet to interact with my friends online, Well internet is very useful nowadays, lots of knowledge being passed to different person because of internet without internet, we're already outdated terms of technology, and knowledge too

6. dayunior27

dayunior27 New Member

On my opinion, even there's a risk of having a home broadband on a household, we admit that we need a internet connection on our household(s). We really want that because of we wants: surfing the net, taking online jobs, checking mails, and streaming multimedia.

On the risk of internet for students and teens, there's so many ways to take control the usage of the internet, especially on the 'dark' place of the internet. So don't be terrified about the risks.

The internet is so beneficial for us, especially for them who use it for extra income, and for business. That is the most powerful force up to this point, just provide a home broadband on the household.

7. zdevilinside

zdevilinside New Member

The Internet is a must in my house; we use it for work, to stay in contact with friends via email and all of our phone systems are based off Internet (VoIP). We cannot go without it.

It takes discipline to be able to get away from your computer and do something other than sit on the Internet all day. Start being contentious about your use and force yourself to get away from it from time to time.