IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Is Music Good For You

Discussion in 'Music' started by Ryan Vincent, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Ryan Vincent

Ryan Vincent New Member

Listening to your favourite tunes can certainly lift your spirits but scientists are now discovering that listening to music can also help with your health.

2. Kronnoz

Kronnoz New Member

I believe that. I believe that the mind influences the body for better or for worse. Something like listening to the songs we like gives a very good feeling, I believe it does well. :)

3. hurtadoluisalex1

hurtadoluisalex1 New Member

Music is fit for various medical advantages including bringing down anxiety levels, raising conditions of cognizance, evolving temperaments, getting to various perspectives, building up the cerebrum and is valuable in reflection, which has a huge amount of medical advantages.

By and by I like many sorts of music, however I can't state that I become hopelessly enamored with a ton of music. It is generally uncommon groups here and there that advance through my ears that I tend to love and stay with for quite a while. The lovely thing is, everybody's taste in music is distinctive so regardless of what music you make, you're probably going to discover somebody who will value it. Obviously the music business supports certain sorts of music and is intended to not permit outside the box groups to get much of anywhere, but rather that is an entire other examination.

VEHNOM1 likes this.
  4. Jaylan Howell

Jaylan Howell New Member

Yes music is lyrical and can take care of alot of problems. From anxiety to stress and depression, music can change that for you. It can create imagery and feelings you never felt or had feeling. You really need music to lift you up and make you feel good.

5. Card Society

Card Society New Member

Music causes effects via vibration, it can be thought provoking and is globally used to control the majority in unforeseen ways on a mass scale. It can be used for the betterment of oneself or destructive depending on many varying factors but, lyrics also play a part as well as megahertz.

So I would be mindful of what I allow my ears to take in. People often channel things emotionally with music that the conscious mind usually would have trouble with. Drugs often enhance musics emotional effects. Like any art form, just like dance is freedom of expression it translates messages through bodily movement. Music has it's own language behind the lyrics that it's artists sometimes forget or don't completely know what they are putting out they're. Everyone is different so we may not all pick up the same vibe as another. There are so many varying factors and it depends what planets are in retrograde. Every thing matters.

6. LesYam

LesYam New Member

As Card Society said, music unlocks some feelings or thoughts our conscious mind cannot do. I think music is a portal to our soul. It gives us access to every corner in our mind.

I think music is indeed beneficial to us. Music can help us through a difficult time in our life, it can help us relax after a bad day, and it allows us to portray our thoughts into something others can understand even if they do not speak our language. For all these reasons music has existed for centuries because it is a tool to heal and to connect with other people.

7. AndyT8

AndyT8 New Member

Music is very good for you but also has some drawbacks. For example, some supermarkets play faster music to encourage you to buy more, where as small bars play depressing music so that the people already there will by more beer! It's a catch 22. There is a lot of controversial scientific studies out there though, so feel free to contradict!

8. LadyMae

LadyMae New Member

Music is definitely something that can have great effects on our mental state of mind, but it can also do the opposite of that. I would like to compare great music to nourishment and supermarket music to fast food - nourishing music has the ability to alter your mind and make you see life from a new angle, and to question life as you know it; whereas the latter ( found in supermarkets and blockbuster-type record labels), can have an almost damaging effect on the brain. One of my favorite bands is Tool, because their lyrics have helped me to make sense of the human experience, and what it means to find your own purpose in this crazy world. Great music has the ability to communicate with us, because at the end of the day, we are all the same, and we are all innately looking for meaning. Supermarket music is easily disposable and is only made to get stuck in your head, and for the purpose of altering your mind into doing ( or buying) things you don't or wouldn't usually do or buy. Music should be timeless, and be a means of escape, where we can relax and lift up from the mundane existence of rigid and logical thinking; and most importantly, to connect with others in a seemingly meaningless world.

9. Nnanna

Nnanna New Member

Music can be good for you, but that depends on what kind of music and your mod at that point in time. If you're feeling funky, then you had better get the music to get your groove on and keep it going for as long as possible. If you're working, it would be odd trying to use funky music. Classical music and instrumentals have proven to be very helpful when you're trying to get work done. I believe there's every type of music for every type of emotion. There's even emo music for when you're feeling emotionless! So yes, music is really good for you.

10. Bart vangampelaere

Bart vangampelaere New Member

I do understand that everything needs be scientifically proven but why?
    Music has been a part of my life and every time I was on the downside or just wanted to unwind myself, music was the way for me. I am an acoustic guitar player and just strumming the guitar when you are sad or angry releases the stress and the pressure. Not everyone will share this opinion but for me, the genre of music = your mood.

11. JOSEPH

JOSEPH New Member

Yes music is good for me, it has the following benefits

1) Improves visual & verbal skills. .
    2) Keeps an aging brain healthy. ...
    3) Music Makes You Happier. ...
    4) Heartbeat, Pulse Rate & Blood Pressure. ...
    5) Improves Sleep Quality. ...
    6) Boosts Your Immune System & Reduces Pain. ...
    7) Reduces Depression & Anxiety. ...

12. nikki rose

nikki rose New Member

I agree. Music is the one constant in my life, music has always been there for me. I like different music for different moods, mostly I like fun rock anthems such as Nothing But A Good Time by Poison.

When I am sad, listening to Matchbox 20 or U2 almost always lifts my spirits. When Prince passed away, I created a playlist of my twenty-five favorite Prince songs, I listen often. Music is essential to my well being.

13. jordan

jordan New Member

I believe music is good for the soul. For me, I listen to music whenever i'm upset. Music makes me feel positive about myself. I like to listen to genres such as pop, rap, & hip hop.

14. Ruth

Ruth New Member

Yeah it is good for you especially when you feeling low it lifts your spirits up and makes you feel good about yourself. For me I love listening to music both happy and low times

15. DanielYahoo

DanielYahoo New Member

Certainly. I love music and I believe that life would be a mistake without it. I listen to different types of genres and I do so depending on my mood. I like to listen to techno instrumentals when training because they hype me up and smooth classical music when trying to get some intellectual work done. It's important to emotionally connect with the music in order to enjoy it.

16. shaneka jones

shaneka jones New Member

I feel like music is definitely good for you. I even read some facts on a website that said music can stop physical pain. I find that so intriguing and amazing. I love music and listen to it every single day. It all depends on the type of music you listen to though. You can't listen to crazy music and expect it to make you feel good. Quality music is key and is the winning choice.

17. TheArticulate

TheArticulate New Member

I agree completely. I think music can have an incredibly powerful impact on people. I use ambient and emotional groups like Emancipator and Bonobo to stimulate my writing mind and try to be creative, and I think it really helps! Music with lyrics can be especially impactful as listeners can certainly find tracks that they relate to on any given subject.

18. Felix Kamonjo

Felix Kamonjo New Member

Music is a form in feelings can be expressed in words and tunes...and by fact the part of the brain that perceives sound is the most active. So to human beings there is a strong relation to music as it touches what they feel deep inside and at times relieves them from emotional pressure from within. So yes it vitally important to listen to music everyday especially those that they can relate to for both psychological and emotional growth

19. dellmini

dellmini New Member

Music is the good for your soul as it can motivate you for your aims. I mostly listen to the music during my work as i am a writer. I never get bore from my work due to music. I prefer to play the music without lyrics so my concentration would not be divided. I love uplifting trance music for motivational purpose. My favorite singer is Selena Gomez and i have a many instrumental tracks of her songs.

20. marynyokabz

marynyokabz New Member

Music is good for mental relaxation. Anytime I am stressed up, I simply listen to uplifting music and I am good to go. It also helps reduce boredom- you know, that time when you are simply bored with nothing to do or have everything to do but still needs psych? yes that is when I listen to music

VEHNOM1 likes this.