IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Is protein shake really helpful?

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by Kassim, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Kassim

Kassim New Member

Benefits of protein shake

2. Six Pennington

Six Pennington New Member

A high quality protein shake can be very beneficial especially after a workout. Protein gives your muscles density which allows you to get stronger. A good protein drink also has the ability to improve your metabolism while providing the necessary building blocks to increase your muscle tone. It also aids in muscle recovery.

Another great thing about a good quality protein drink is it helps to balance your blood sugar which is very important in this day and age with diabetes being a cultural issue.

3. LeiHanma

LeiHanma New Member

It is really beneficial. Personally, I take Rule 1 Blend Whey. It is from the creators of Optimum Nutrition but has better formulation and flavor. Whey is really important to hit your required macros. A lot of people under-eat their protein, it is really important. Our muscles are made out of protein, to grow, we need to intake a sufficient amount of protein. Ideally, 0.8 to 1.0 g of protein per bodyweight.

However, you should not forget your solid food intake. You need to have a good diet or meal plan to really maximize the result. Whey alone will not help because it will not have enough protein for your needs. Since, I'm 154 lbs, I would need to take 154g of protein. If I only use whey as my source, I would need 7.5 scoops of protein per day. That's a lot of whey.