IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Is there a particular song that makes you cry?

Discussion in 'Music' started by dedenbula, Jul 24, 2017.

1. dedenbula

dedenbula New Member

There are millions of songs in the world as of today. And various genres of music. Music do influence the listener's moral and emotion. There are some songs that when we listen to them we will laugh while some others will put us in a calm and sober state.
    So is there any song that have made you sad or cry. Or if it still makes you cry anytime you listen to the song share it with us and give the reason it has such influence on you.

2. thisday01

thisday01 New Member

lol, seriously speaking, I am not that emotional, of a fact, there are songs that do ignite emotions but to the tune of me crying ? lol, thats not going to happen.

3. Pearl88

Pearl88 New Member

I can think of a few good songs that make me cry but there is one in particular that really gets my emotions going while my tears began to drop. The song that makes me cry the most every single time that I hear it is the song called Going Up Yonder By Tramaine Hawkins. I get all teared up by that song because it was the song that was sung at my grandmother's funeral. I was very young at the time she passed but I can recall that day perfectly. Even just talking about that song makes my eyes water. I love my grandmother very much and miss her badly but I really wish to never ever have to hear that song ever again if possible. I seriously hate opening up those old and painful memories. That song really strikes a nerve with me. It's like that song is a trigger for my brain to tell me it's time to think of my grandmother and let the tears flow. That is the strongest and most powerful song that I have no control over holding my tears back from.

4. dionnextherese

dionnextherese New Member

One particular song that makes me cry everytime I listen to it is "Dance With My Father" by Luther Vandross. I lost my father when I was 6 years old. It caused me so much pain, the feeling of emptiness and sadness within and endless nights of crying. Losing a loved one is a tragedy. Everytime I hear this song, it reminded me all the good and bad memories with him. I will turn 18 next year and I only have one wish for my birthday, and that is to dance with my father again.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
  5. Six Pennington

Six Pennington New Member

Sam Cooke's "A Change Is Gonna Come" always gets me. It's very soulful and heartfelt. The lyrics are motivating while also pointing out the cold stark realization that often in this life we experience pain. A song of hope. Even when times get tough one day that cycle too shall pass.

6. Garret

Garret New Member

The Pentatonix cover of Imagine never fails to make me sob. The first time I heard it was live in concert this year. It was so beautiful and their a Cappella arrangement was stunning. Halfway through the song, I just started crying.

Now, I listen to the recording every once in a while and it takes me right back to that day. It always gets me a little teary eyed.

7. Dictator20

Dictator20 New Member

Yes, the song entitled 'The dance with my father' Even though my father was still alive, I still cant avoid to overthink everytime I hear this song, I overthink that what if this is the last day that I can see my dad. It really makes me cry so heavy everytime this some is played.

8. MattTolentino02

MattTolentino02 New Member

There is a song that makes me cry figuratively. It is Leaving California by Maroon 5.

This is the best song in the album. But there is no live performance by the band anywhere on YouTube. When I ask my friends if they know this song they reply in the negative. The Maroon 5 team chose instead to popularize It Was Always You which is meh. And meh is an understatement.

If I ever saw a live performance from Maroon 5 singing Leaving California, I might cry but not figuratively this time.