IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Is There Life After Death?

Discussion in 'Religion & Spirituality' started by Ibrahim neko, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Ibrahim neko

Ibrahim neko New Member

This is one of the most important questions of all, as everyone’s life ends sooner or later. Yet no one has ever answered it definitively, and there’s no reason to believe this will change anytime soon.

All of the alleged evidence for things like ghosts, reincarnation, and heaven or near death experiences can, skeptics claim, be explained away scientifically. One theory suggests that “ghosts” are really a type of electromagnetic energy. Near death experiences are written off as delusions produced by certain parts of the brain being stimulated. On the other hand, no one has proven that life after death is a fallacy either. What do you think?

2. Eliot

Eliot New Member

Interesting that you ask if there is life after death. Although this is impossible to prove, the fact that most people want to believe in something like that proves that God has put something in our brains to think like that, as if it is true. People don't want to think that after you die, you just stay in the grave for forever. this is why reincarnation and other afterlife religions were created. As a christian, I believe in Heaven and hell, and although I can't prove that there is life after death, we are constantly thinking about it and even questioning our lives to think why are we here for and our purpose of life.
    I would recommend Rick Warren's "The Purpose Driven Life."

3. odette3282000

odette3282000 New Member

Ghost are bad angels thrown out from heaven. They are out here to divert your belief and stray you away from God. In the revelation it's clearly stated that there is life after death. What it be like? That will be reveal in the last day of resurrection for the people who are qualified in His last judgement, the reward God to those who believes and followed Him all through their life while on earth.

4. beedb9

beedb9 New Member

One theory suggests that after death our brain releases a lot of DMT. It's a powerful psychedelic natural compound. Some people have used DMT as a drug and experienced so called afterlife trips. You can read more about it if you search it up.

5. mfinnie

mfinnie New Member

It seems impossible to know if there is life after death at this point in history.

6. TONNYTINA

TONNYTINA New Member

As a christian, I was taught to believe so. And therefore I believe in life after death. YES there is life after death.

7. SheriS

SheriS New Member

I used to work on the psychic hotlines and I definately believe in life after death. Growing up I would have dreams about my future and nearly all of them came true. I believe spirits were guiding me. I have also had my cards read by other psychics. They would tell me the names of people in my life who had died and advice from them. They were total stranger's and there's no way they could have known about these people without communicating with them. That to me, is evidence that there is life after death.

8. ksunar

ksunar New Member

I believe in life after death. Though it is not possible to prove it. Major religions on this earth teach us that there is life after death, we should not afraid of death. Every one comes to the earth to die one day. This should be the belief of all of us. As this belief only gives peace and prosperity in this world. People will be afraid of doing sinuous work. They will think that we will come back again on this earth by taking the blessings of good works of earlier birth.

9. Pravish Shetty

Pravish Shetty New Member

I believe there is no life after death. Every moment in our life is unique. In recent times people have become "God fearing" and not "God loving". We have this one beautiful thing called "Life" which no one knows when it will be taken away. So my idea is to make the most of it and not worrying about the outcome after death.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
  10. princecharles

princecharles New Member

This is the best question have ever cone across and I'd like to give you a perfect answer basing on my faith to God,
    yes their is life after death but not for all
    and this life will be offered when Jesus Christ will come to the world the second time
    God give us life,allow me call it first life and it was His wish that we live forever worshiping and praising Him and too to live a holy life as He lives but Satan tempted man and after he sinned death came into existence, God did not enjoy staying in heaven and watch the people He created die and he had to sacrifice His only dear Son because the law states that "in order for sin to be forgiven their must be blood" therefore He sent his son to die,and that became the only way man can be saved and have eternal life..Their is life after death only to the holy,I mean those who will accept Jesus Christ as their saviour and observe all that He commanded before He returned to Heaven

11. princecharles

princecharles New Member

This is the best question have ever come across and I'd like to give you a perfect answer basing on my faith to God,
    yes their is life after death but not for all
    and this life will be offered when Jesus Christ will come to the world the second time
    God gave us life,allow me call it first life and it was His wish that we live forever worshiping and praising Him, Too to live a holy life as He lives but Satan tempted man and after he sinned death came into existence, God did not enjoy staying in heaven and watch the people He created die and so He had to sacrifice His only dear to meet the demands of the that law states "in order for sin to be forgiven innocent blood must be shed" therefore He send His son to die,and that became the only way man can be saved and have eternal life..so my dear brother their is life after death but only to the holy,I mean those who will accept Jesus Christ as their saviour and observe all that He commanded before He returned to Heaven

12. Bllexy

Bllexy New Member

"Religion is the cancer of humanity" a wise man once said. However, I disagree. Religion is simply a tool for humanity to stay on one road and not stray too far from a given set of "rules".

Religion is needed for one to believe in life after death. It certainly has helped many recover and it also brought death to many, suicide bombers come to mind. The problem I have with religion is that it takes away the rational thinking aspect that we, as humans must have in this day and age. Religion is not something you should be taught at a young age, but rather something you discover (or not) later in life.

This brings us to the question at hand. Is there life after death? Personally, I believe there is no such thing as life after death, but it is a nice concept that keeps most of people good so they get to be rewarded at the end, when, scientifically there is no proof that it actually exists. I had a friend of my who suffers from muscular dystrophy and who has been dead 6 times and revived all 6 times. And I asked him: "What did you see when you were dead?" and he replied: "Absolutely nothing."

People might and will always argue about this topic so I'm just going to say this: Physically, "spiritually" and scientifically there is no possibility of an afterlife existing. If you want to believe that there is, and that it will keep you on your path of good and on the path of right, then I respect your views entirely and advise you to life your life to the fullest now that you can control it and have vivid recollections of the events that are and have happened to you.

Enjoy each and every day to the fullest.

13. leesaloves

leesaloves New Member

I thank our heavenly Father that He has given us His word as a map, as instruction and a guide to life. There is most certainly life after death, however this life that is promised is only for those who follow His teaching and uphold his law. He clearly states in Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Eternal life is a gift that is given through Jesus Christ. Only those that follow Christ will receive such a gift, however those that choose not to believe or reject the precious gift that was given so freely to us will not experience life after death.

All sinners that die will experience resurrection, this is the second resurrection that will take place after the Messiah returns to take his children home. Revelation 20:6 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. The sinners after they are raised will be judged and sentenced to the final death. Rev. 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. This is an eternal death which simply means that their lives are over, they will never live again. Revelation 20:4 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death." Psalm 104:35”Let the sinners be consumed out of the earth and let the wicked be no more."

If there was no life after death then what is the purpose of this life, we would have no hope and our faith would be in vain. 1 Corinthians 15:12 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable. It is the hope of eternal life that live by.

Think about it for a minute, let us look at the vampire movies, there quest was always to have eternal life or to be immortal. Vampires are demonic, there is nothing righteous about them, do you think that the writers of these movies simply come up with these ideas all on their own, I think not. There is nothing new under the sun. They write what is told to them by their god (satan) who wishes he was or could be immortal. Did he not declare that he would be like the Most High? He wants eternal life, but unfortunately for him, his life will also come to an end. (see Ezekiel 28:18) 1 Corinthians 15:54 . So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. It is only those that follow Christ that will be granted such a privilege of having immortality.

Yes there is life after death but not all will experience such a bliss, some will die and some will have eternal life.

14. Safi

Safi New Member

I personally believe there is no life after death.How would that even happen?We should live each day as if it's the last."We only live once"
    The bible says, "Everything is vanity,what does human beings gain from their toiling?" I proudly answer -nothing. In fact,there's no life after death.

15. SunnyLove

SunnyLove New Member

Well, as someone up there said earlier, as a christian, I was taught there is life after death - and I believed there is.

Now, you might simply say 'where is your proof'?

And I'll tell you that: 'My Proof Is In The Bible (The Word Of God)'

Yeah, it all revolves round my belief in God, in His Son (Jesus Christ), and in His Words.

I mean, Jesus Christ in the Word of God (the Bible) gave a lot of prophecies which are actually coming to pass today. So, if He is telling us 'There is life after death (either you going to Heaven or Hell), we can trust in His words and be at the safe side by believing in Him.

16. SunnyLove

SunnyLove New Member

But we've seen and heard of a handful of people all over the world who actually died and came back to life and recounted to us things they saw.

You can use Google to read some of those stories.

But my advice will be 'Let's be at the safe side'.

17. NICHOLASMUKUHA

NICHOLASMUKUHA New Member

Hello. As a christian, I believe Jesus answered this question while He was still with us.

I hope that the excerpt from Matthew 22:23-33(Good News Version) will clear any existing doubts. Please read it. Thank you.

18. chrispohmomanyi

chrispohmomanyi New Member

Some of the questions in the religious world will never be answered scientifically. No scientist has ever made a human being, or just raise him from death or given live to a dead liver! This is enough reason not to expect science to give us an answer on this matter.

For the reasons above, I will give my reply restricting myself to the word of God, the bible which seemingly gives answers to the questions above.

In eccl 9:5, says when a person dies, his thoughts go away. In verse 10, says that the dead knows nothing. But when you come to 1thes 4:13-16, the bible says that the dead will finally be raised at the sound of the archangel.

19. Geofrey Byekwaso

Geofrey Byekwaso New Member

I'm a follower of Jesus. One has to deny the fact he existed in order to ignore what he said and did to prove his (Jesus) point.
    He rose from the dead to prove that what he said was true. About life after death, he says that those that believe him will not taste death. Meaning; after a believer looses their breath, they're alive in the next world. This you call death, is sleep according to him to those who believe him.
    For those who don't, you're already dead even before you die physically.

20. MANBETH

MANBETH New Member

The Bible tells us that there is not only lot life after death,but eternal life so glorious that "no eye has seen,no ear has heard,and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who loves him".