IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Is There Life After Death?

Discussion in 'Religion & Spirituality' started by Ibrahim neko, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Haroon Rasheed

Haroon Rasheed Member

Being a Muslim, I have a firm believe on the life after the death.There will be an eternal life which will never end.On the judgement day, we all will be treated according to our good or bad deeds which we perform in this current daily life.Every miner issue or anything else will be discussed there and that person will go to a Heaven or Hell accordibg to his deeds.One should try to help and give happiness to others to see smiles on their faces.

2. Samuel2017

Samuel2017 New Member

There is life after death: our life now is preexisting to the life that will come after the death of this carnal body. This cannot be from the reasoning of human faculty, because, the existence we are now, has not been comprehended by any engine made by human.
    So,from the preexisting figure, the existing can possibly be from the extinct of the preexistence. Now level to understand this is low, but it will be automatically made clear where we shall experience the real existence.

3. Gabriel Adeleke

Gabriel Adeleke New Member

St Paul in his first epistle to the Corinthians argued convincingly that, ' if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith'. As such, as Christian, we are convinced that there is life after death. This was showed also in the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ. It has been historically proofed that Christ died and rose again on the third day in accordance with the scripture.This is corroborated in the writings of Jewish history scholars like William Lane Craig, J.P. Moreland, Gary Habermas, and others have done an especially good job of detailing that evidence. Also, our day to day farming experience depict that there is life after death.When we plant any seed, it will first die, then resurrected in a glorious way.

4. Sospeter

Sospeter New Member

I believe there is life after death. Since creation, anyone who has been born is destined to die. Therefore here on earth, we are on a journey because both rich and poor they are destined to die.

Many have come and gone and once gone always gone and gone forever but there is one thing I believe in, if God himself gave His only Son Jesus to die for us so that we get the chance to see eternal life, then this means that there is a new life after death.

5. Sufy

Sufy New Member

I would like to think that there is life after death. Why not. Scientists all over the world have tried to explain ghosts, near death experiences and all but they haven't proved that there isn't life after death.

Away from religion and science, let us talk about consciousness. You feel it that you own a soul which doesn't belong here. There are some instances in your life that things happen and you have no control over. They just happen and there's nothing you can do, at that point you start seeking out for something you don't know but you believe, you want something to just happen like a miracle because you have no power to do anything. That right there is hope and believe in something greater than yourself. God.

God has told us that there will be life after death. In the Qur'an, he gave us signs of the last day, some of which have come to pass. So even though no one knows when, judgement and life after death is real.

6. breezykip

breezykip New Member

There is no life after death.When Lazarus died,Jesus said he was just " in a deep sleep ".He didn't say that he was in heaven,or hell,or somewhere with his ancestors he just compared his death with deep sleep.A person who is fast asleep is unaware of what is happening around him. Likewise,the dead are not conscious of anything.They will remain " asleep" until the day they will become alive again through resurrection.-(Job 14:13-15)

7. wanyonyi chrispin

wanyonyi chrispin New Member

It is one of the hardest questions ever asked. Many philosophers have tried to come up with explanations to try and convince people that there is life after death,or the opposite. No one realy knows the answer to this question. But it all depends on the kind of religion you subscribe to.
    There being life after death or there not being life after death is all down to what one has been made to believe by the teaching of there respective religions. I tend to believe that it is all in ones mind. But of course it is a fact that those who believe in life after death have more evidence to urgue there caase based on the different happenings experienced in the world
    If only the dead could come back and prove to us that there is life after death..but till then,it is a question that will always remain open to debate.

8. Poselina

Poselina New Member

There is life after death. Do I talk with a lot of certainty that you wonder why?Well I will give you one reason among many that have been mentioned. When Jesus Christ died he never disappeared totally from the face of the earth.He came back to life three days after his death. He walked among men and after forty days with his disciples,they watched him as he ascended to heaven. He never died again.

So since Jesus is alive even after he had died,then it means there is definitely life after death.

9. Paul

Paul New Member

Its not an easy question since any proof whether scientific or any other proof lacks. It is simply beyond any human understanding and all depends on the strength of ones faith.
    People with more faith beleive in the existence of heaven and hell thus life after death. On the other hand people with less faith wont beleive in life after death.
    It would be much simpler if someone died and came back to tell us but since no one has done so so far, we are doomed to waiting for the ultimate fear of everyone (death).
    Personally i do beleive in life after death.

10. Gerald

Gerald New Member

The bible tells us that there is not only life after death ,but eternal life so glorious that "no eye has seen,no ear has heard and no mind has imagined that God has prepared for those who love him" the bible tells.

11. Abdul Siddiqui

Abdul Siddiqui New Member

Yes, because there must be justice for those that have been wronged in this world and did not receive any compensation and there must be justice for those who wronged others and did not receive any punishment. For example, Hitler will go free for his crimes if there is no life after death, but a life after death would assure a punishment for that terrible man.

12. Mary fiona

Mary fiona New Member

Life after death is definitely a yes when I base my argument on the Bible. The Bible states clearly in John 11:25, Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live; even though they die.

13. Mary

Mary New Member

There is life after death,the bible says in John 5:14,whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and has crossed over death to life. The dead will hear a voice of son of God and will live.
    Those who who had done good will rise to live and those who had done evil will rise to be judged.

14. santanu

santanu Member

My answer will address both believers and non-believers. We will be making a mistake if we addressed from a religious angle and most of us have done so. The main reason to consider the religious explanation faulty is that every other religion has a different view on the subject and so will have several different answers from different religious perspective.

There are few who cites silly & unsustainable explanations by scientists regarding mysterious human attributes and experience. Science cannot answer us on such questions because either they know the answer or they know they will know the answer.

I will now address those who expressed the opinion like "it has not been proven" or "it cannot be proven". I beg to differ because they are not aware that life after death has been convincingly exhibited & proved by the "Scole Experiment" conducted by four ordinary individuals in 1993 through 1998.

15. santanu

santanu Member

Continued:
    If you are really serious to know the answer to the above question you have to dig deeper.

The Scole Group embarked on a five-year experiment using a revolutionary kind of ‘energy' to produce tangible objects from the spirit world. The term ‘tangible objects’ means things recognizable to our senses or our instruments – visible manifestations, lights, sounds, touches, tastes, and smells. Some of the tangible objects took the form of messages transmitted onto photographic film, audio-tape, and videotape.

The results of the Scole Experiments included Paranormal Evidence in the form of photographic images, audio recordings, apportion and video streams.

The Scole Group produce not just one tangible object but such a huge number and variety that scientists had to sit up and take notice.

16. santanu

santanu Member

...... The Scole Group exhibited this extraordinary phenomenon whereby they could communicate with the spirit world under controlled atmosphere and observed by eminent scientists. The experiment was exhibited almost all over the world to selected observers.

I recommend that you study the experiments done by this group and get astonished at every step. The “Scole Experiment” produced spectacular results that are beyond our comprehension. They have conclusively proved the existence of spirit and the spirit world. You may start your journey with this video ().

You may visit the official website of the "Scole Group" for more information.
    https://www.thescoleexperiment.com/

We Homo-sapiens are as mysterious as the universe we live in.

17. Janet Muthoni

Janet Muthoni New Member

As a christian, my answer is yes- there is life after death. Well Jesus being the first to resurrect from the dead, he's the firstborn into a kingdom that promises that those who believe in the forgiveness of sin through his blood and his resurrection shall have a new life.

So it is all by faith through Christ. I believe in the power to conquer death through Christ and have an everlasting life full of righteousness and happiness where all this bodily temptations don't exist.

18. Anne Gabrielle David

Anne Gabrielle David New Member

This is one of the most argued topic in religion and beliefs but as a Christian, there is a life after death. Going back to the Bible, it is said there that there are heaven and hell. If you die being an unbeliever of Jesus Christ and you don't have a personal relationship with the Savior then you will be going to hell. (I am not saying this because it is a fact but it is only a representation of mine. There are so many reasons as to why people go to hell and go to heaven.) A scientist once say, the Earth is perfect, the Universe is perfect, the Humans are perfect aside their imperfections regarding their earthly lives, so the question would be how can a perfect place exist without a more perfect being made these? and then it was one of the reasons he became a believer because of that argument.

There are so many speculations and stories about the "Life after death" but one thing is sure is that there is a God Who watches us and that makes the question became a statement. There is a life after death! and that is the life with our creator, The Most High, Jesus Christ Who died on the cross for our sins. :)

19. RecoverAll

RecoverAll New Member

Ibrahim,I wouldn't call it life after death since the actual you (spirit and soul) never dies. The only part of you that dies is your body. Once you accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and saviour you are born again. Your new self becomes a partaker of the numerous trappings that come with your new status as a child of God,one of which is eternal life.

20. Vincent Koyi

Vincent Koyi New Member

Yes indeed we are promised that in the Holy book of God that all who slept in righteousness will be resurrected on the dreadful day of the LORD when He will come for the church