IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Is there life after death?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Ouru, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Ouru

Ouru New Member

Many people mourn the dead, if the bible gives an assurance of life after death,should we stop mourning and giving our last respect to the departed?

2. Tatiana Stan

Tatiana Stan New Member

This is a very interesting subject, I had a lot of debates with my friends regarding this topic. I believe that there is such a thing as life after death. I also believe in the theory of reincarnation, that we only leave our bodies and our souls are reborn in totally different ways. Now regarding what you are saying, people will always mourn the dead, because every person is unique and even if there is an assurance of life after death, it is still painful to accept that someone you cared about and who was a big part of your life is gone, and you are never going to see them again. Life after death does not mean that the person will come back to us in one piece, it still means that we lost someone forever. That's why people will always mourn the dead.

WriteMoves likes this.
  3. Tru Aveli

Tru Aveli New Member

First of all I want to start by saying I am a christian, not a good one but nonetheless a christian. With that comes, do I believe in heaven and hell. The answer is no.
    I believe there is a purgatory of some sort where all souls return to by default after death and where everything is handled from, meaning if you've learnt completely nothing from your time on earth you get sent back here which brings us to the notion of reincarnation. If you get reincarnated the universe has a natural way of selection so you get to relive the life you had until your next death.
    Those souls that evolve and find themselve in purgatory, get to ascend into higher beings thus acquiring infinite knowledge.
    Humans have been wired and programmed subconsciously over the years to view death as a tragic thing so mourning the dead comes naturally. This is just my opinion.

WriteMoves and Elizabeth Finch like this.
  4. jess7kelly

jess7kelly New Member

I have experience too many things I can’t explain to not believe in some type of higher being. I don’t know that there is life after death or what exactly happens but I don’t think we get just one chance.

5. brightbird

brightbird New Member

I believe that there is life afte death. However it is not the same life that we are living currently. Some say that we are all the universe taking on different forms interacting with eachother. Essentially looking at itself when we communicate. When we die we relearn to the univers as energy. I do believe that there is a lot about the universe that we can’t see or comprehend. Therefore we could become energy entities to wander universe

6. Cjanett

Cjanett New Member

It's a costum to mourn and to give respect to our departed ones. Even a none Christian family will mourn if someone died among them.

I grew up in a Christian home. I will not say that we are really religious but we do pray rosary every evening. My mother serves in the church and I'm studying in a Catholic School together with my siblings. That's why, I really believe that there is life after death. During our Catechism class, we once tacle this "life after death topic", according to our cathechist immediate after our death we will face our judgement. We are going to jugde by the good things and bad things we did when we're still alive. If we've done mortal sins like killing a person and we didn't repent on that, we are immediately send to hell. Where we'll going to pay all the bad things we've done. And that's the life after death of an evil soul. On the other hand, the goods souls are send to heaven where they'll be given the chance to see the creator. I also read in a book that the souls in heaven are also given a chance to reincarnate.

WriteMoves likes this.
  7. benG

benG New Member

Life is eternal, man is afraid of many things, but the fear of death is supreme, the very thought of which
    makes him shiver. The reason for this unusual reaction is the ignorance about the
    environment of life beyond the physical death. I believe each of us has been living since time immemorial and
    would continue to do so for millions of years in future. Ignorance of facts makes us
    believe that life begins in the womb of our mothers during pregnancy and ends with
    cessation of functions of heart , brain and other body organs.

WriteMoves likes this.
  8. Meryemm

Meryemm New Member

I do believe there is life after death, but I don't think that can stop us from mourning the dead. Believing we will meet again can prevent us from going crazy, but that cannot stop us from being sad.
    We get sad for the fact we're going to have to live without them, to do things without them. We get sad for the fact that life can simply go on as if they've never even existed.
    Thinking that there is life after death where we will meet our loved ones, can comfort us, but it cannot stop us from shedding tears and grieving.

9. Bill Arens

Bill Arens New Member

I'm a Christian so I believe in afterlife. Though there's no proof or current evidence, it takes Faith to be believe that there is. For me, I know that life here on earth is too short and there's something more waiting for us if we'll just entrust our lives to God who created everything. Some people say it's not true, but what if there is and you no longer have the chance to repent for your sins? God rewards those what have faith on Him. I can say that it's really simply because I can feel Him in my heart. He changed me and gave meaning to my life. You should know it too!

10. Almasa

Almasa New Member

It is believed and it has been said and written in holy books such as bible and Qur'an that there is life after death though this assertion has never been proven. So it can't be a valid reasoning or a true concussion. But depending with your faith and where you come from or your sort of evidence you may choose what to beleave. Trust me to prove this you have to die. But for my case I can't just say there is life after death without a scintilla of evidence.

11. Lissiel

Lissiel New Member

I believe in after-life though I know it has a lack of evidence. I don't believe that when we close our eyes forever here on earth--our journey will end. We will never know what will happen as the time we die, none of us had experience death. That's why we are scared of death because we don't know what will happen. As a Christian, I believe that our life here on earth is only a preparation for our real-eternal life after we die. This world is not the place that God wants us to live. It's somewhere more beautiful more than we can ever imagine--away from crimes and evils. Where there's no killing, hurting each other or any other violence.

But still, when someone we love died we still mourn, it is painful for us to lose something very important to us. We feel sad not seeing them for a long time and we don't know how different is life when we die. When we saw our loved one in heaven, it will not be the same anymore with the time you spent together on Earth.

WriteMoves likes this.
  12. mosesoscar

mosesoscar New Member

To help try answer that question, we may well have to find out where we all came from, since its logical to think that after death we're probably going to go back to where we came from.

If we emerged from nothing, a cosmic chance, then we are going to return to nothing after we're dead; and that'll mean no afterlife.

On the other hand, if we came from a purposeful creator, then also it is quite logical to believe that we'll be going back to meet our creator after we're dead; and this will mean there's an afterlife.

Simple, if there was a pre-life, then there'd be and afterlife. If there was never a pre-life, then there's no way there'd be an after life.

I'm a Christian, I believe in God as the maker of everything. So I believe there's an afterlife.

WriteMoves likes this.
  13. Meshack Bwoyele Keya

Meshack Bwoyele Keya New Member

The fact that there is life after death does not necessarily mean that you will not feel the loss of a loved one. That is why we weep and mourn for our departed friends and relatives. The only thing we need to bear in our minds is that we should not mourn like fools.

WriteMoves likes this.
  14. WriteMoves

WriteMoves New Member

I definitely believe in life after death, or everlasting life. I believe life here on earth is a training ground for our ascension to our next level of existence. I don't think we can comprehend how glorious the universe is while we are imprisoned in our earthly bodies. The concept of death is very frightening until we understand that death is necessary for us to transition into beings that can absorb the great knowledge of "everything".

At that time all of our questions will be answered. We will have an understanding of our purpose, and why we were put here on earth. In our current state, our consciousness is very limited. I think death is the beginning of access to the vast knowledge of the universe, and a sense of love that we are unable to comprehend here on earth. I have lost loved ones, and it comforts me to believe that they are truly in a better place.

15. Mr.Lewis

Mr.Lewis New Member

The question of "life after death" has stumped humanity form the beginning of human history. But thanks to recent scientific research combined with the idea of religious, humanity has somewhat solved a piece of the puzzle about the human "afterlife". It was scientifically tested by scientists that a person weighed heavier when they were at the brink of death but once that person died, their body weight became lighter. This strange mystical could only at our technological state and age could only be explained by religion and primary sources.

According to many religions, the body contains a soul or the consciousnesses which makes a persons decisions in life. When a person passes away, they lose consciousness and in theory the soul leaves the body. This may be the explanation for the loss of weight when a person passes away. There has also been accounts of individuals passing away and coming back to life in a hospital and of their experiences in the afterlife. But since these accounts vary quite a bit, it is advised that one takes caution in what he or she should believe in.