IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Is Youtube a real career?

Discussion in 'Internet' started by Daniel Nabil, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Daniel Nabil

Daniel Nabil New Member

The point of this question is not telling if it pays well or not, because obviously if you have thousands or millions of subscribers with constant amount of views on each video you upload, it will pay very well.I am asking if it's a proper career or no?For example: will a decent girl marry someone whose job is to to play video games and upload it to youtube?Is it an accepted title in society?

2. Mohammed

Mohammed New Member

It it nets you a little cash on the side, I don't see a problem. However, I don't consider it a stable source of income by any stretch of the imagination, and having another job as a fallback is something I would recommend.

3. Zeuvx

Zeuvx New Member

If you can make a stable income from YouTube, then by all means do it. If you can live a comfortable life off of YouTube money, it is a real career. The problem is when too many kids watch videos and think they can make videos for a living, too. At this point I think YouTube is very crowded and it will be hard for anyone new to make a career out of it, but the more popular video makers will keep their careers.

4. Sneha10

Sneha10 New Member

Off course not uploading videos on YouTube can never be a full time career option unless you are as famous as Brad Pitt. Yes it can act as a channel to earn extra income but yet the society hasn't accepted it as a career so no decent girl will marry a guy who's job is uploading videos...naahhh

5. happyone22

happyone22 New Member

I do believe that YouTube is a real career because you would be doing what you love while getting paid for it. Anything can be a career for someone so I wouldn't ever say that it's impossible. There are lots of people who have had successful careers out if it like Justin Bieber and many others. So my opinion is yes this is most definitely a proper career. A girl should marry a man for love and not his career choice. To me I think having a YouTube career is accepted in society but even if it wasn't I would still do it.

6. cache

cache New Member

There are many people who use youtube to earn money and i think it could be a good and real career if we can be focus with it. just make good video regularly and earn money from youtube. Maybe we will need a few months before we can make good income from youtube

7. dr45

dr45 New Member

No I do not see being a youtuber as a real job for some of these reasons. First reason as to why it is not a real job because of what it is it’s not a real job. Now you might say sure there are youtubers that make money and get millions of subscribers now but later on they start to lose popularity and then have to find another job because they do not have a consistent paycheck. Second reason is that a real actual high paying job means you have to get a degree which requires you to put work in for a certain amount of hours and do actual real work. A person that makes Youtube videos is not considered in a real career because it does not have the same things as an actual job. Lastly being a youtuber is not a real career because it does not have a consistent paycheck that you can rely on. The paycheck may differ if the youtuber is popular and has a lot of subscribers. These are some reasons why I think that being a youtuber is not a real job.

8. Therese

Therese New Member

It depends. On rare cases it can be.

9. Mikechatzis

Mikechatzis New Member

a real job? yes. your one-of-a-lifetime job? definitely not. Practically a "real" job is any activity that makes you money and yes youtube can do that. But have backup, since it will take you ages and careful steps to earn enough for your living from youtube only.

10. mham4u

mham4u New Member

Yes! I want to be a famous Youtuber with millions of fans so I can sell them everything that I suggest and make a lot of money on affiliate marketing. Well, this is partly true. I do want to be a Youtuber, I do want to make money selling products for affiliate commissions, but I would be selective in the products I suggested. I have made a couple of Youtube videos and it is a lot of fun to create and edit videos. I also like to interact with the people who have subscribed to my channel.

11. Arly2298

Arly2298 New Member

I don't really consider YouTube as a career since you need to take many things into account in order to consider it as so. Creativity and quality are the main requirements for those whom would like to get some profit from YouTube. Most people who start making videos for YouTube just give up because their first video didn't reach a certain amount of views so they just tend to take the thought of being a famous and rich YouTuber off their heads. It really is something that most of us would like to do, but it's all about doing it the proper way.

12. Iole

Iole New Member

you can earn good money, hopefully other sites won't replace it in the future.

13. Pravish Shetty

Pravish Shetty New Member

I believe one can make a career out of YouTube. It has become just like any other professional career. Not all videos you upload make money for you, there are some professional skills one needs to have to market that video and then make the video interesting, funny or informative depending on what subject the video is made for. It's not about one who plays video games. A professional cricketer just plays cricket and makes a career out of it, so I believe it's not about going to the office and sit at a desk to make a Career. Making a living out of social media has now become the new face of the digital world. And as far as the girl is concerned, I dont see a problem in accepting a Youtuber as her partner.

14. Jumbo980

Jumbo980 New Member

If YouTube is making you a steady income and you can pay the bills then yes! YouTube is definitely a career once you are able to generate enough income to support you and your family. YouTube is an excellent way to start a career.

15. robertleung.pro

robertleung.pro New Member

Being a YouTube producer can be a very excellent career, depending on how many views, the quality of content you make, and how many subscribers you have. As with any career, if you excel and have a large fan base, you can outshine a lot of people, especially the ones that look down on you. It is an acceptable title in society, if you can actually make a living out of it. I would say that if you only have a few subscribers, and the content is not well produced, you might want to spend more time on it, or you might want to consider another line of work.

16. kasunjoes

kasunjoes New Member

Well YouTube is a good way to earn some cash while enjoying uploading videos. It is a good career for anyone who loves to make videos including interesting segments. The more you upload the more you gain and eventually with the experience you can run your own channel while getting paid by advertisers.

17. hahahahaahhalucyucom

hahahahaahhalucyucom New Member

For earn money on youtube is very good only if you have a lot of videos with a lot of views. You need to be managed partner with some MCN like Fullscreen, Freedom, QuizGroup and OmniaMedia. When you managed partner every view have ad and without managed you are affiliate partner. Example for 70k views on your video only 20k is monetize which is very bad. And after ad revenue you can earn money from some company just put your email on your "about" tab and companies will contant you if they see you getting a lot of views.

18. bomb2060

bomb2060 New Member

Yes of corse it's a career. You can get paid well enough to maintain a Video blog and ensure content keeps flowing. But in order to do this, you have to be very creative. Because, if you strategize well, you will have several companies with products relevant to your videos that will want to associate with your youtube channel.

Additionally, when you plan well, you can have Google Adsense on your youtube channel. What this does is, it will be paying you a decent amount daily. But you can't sit back. You have to keep innovating. Since the online business or markets are changing rapidly!

19. Merissa

Merissa New Member

I think Youtubing is great as a side income for those who are searching for extra income. It is very beneficial and it may even help pay for somethings like food , clothes etc. It also allows you to be social and be very helpful to those who are subscribing to your channel, based on the content that you feed them, for example how to do your makeup, comedy for entertainment, it may even help some students with certain projects with software; I know it helped me in this regard. Youtube has helped many people earn careers full time , but i think its important to have something to fall back on, you can never tell what might happen in the coming years, I think people should consider it as a side income. Right now its becoming into something that you can make as a career, but some people still don't really take it seriously, I think in the future that it may be in someway taken seriously but it maybe harder to get popular or have tons of subscribers because of the various channels out there, it will be competitive.

20. MusicFlow

MusicFlow New Member

It depends on your country. For example if you're from America, Germany, France or similar country it's totally normal. But if you're from China you'd be a disgrace for the family. Either way if you succeed you'll never have to worry about your finances again.