IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Lessons to learn from workout injury

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by pmk1996, Dec 30, 2017.

1. pmk1996

pmk1996 New Member

One thing that is dreaded most by fitness junkies is injury. Injuries are really uncomfortable and they suck. Injuries are the enemy of progress. They can make you quit a workout routine for weeks or even months which is a major drawback that you make take alptbof time and work to recover. However... If you look at the bright side, you can a lot from injury. Here are some lessons I've learned from injury since I started working out.

1. This too shall pass.

It's a common saying, nothing lasts forever. No matter what challenges you may be going through right now, they won't last forever. You may have to keep off working out for a couple of months but that doesn't mean it's over for you. Injuries always happen, however we can't allow them to pull us back. With such mindset you will get through injury and even learn a few things.

2. The body was designed to move

Our bodies have bones and joints for a reason. Failing to move your body as it was supposed to causes more injury. This should encourage you because you are actually doing what your body was made for.

3. Your mind and body are connected.

Our bodies have both the physical and nonphysical aspect. The mind is the nonphysical aspect while the body is the physical aspect. It may seem hard to believe but our minds can affect how fast or slow we can recover from injury. If you believe you're getting better you will get better soon. On the other hand, if you believe you aren't getting better you won't get better.

There's a lot I could share but that's enough for today. You are welcome to share your experiences.