IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Listening music during a workout session

Discussion in 'Music' started by saniamirzatennis, Feb 2, 2018.

1. saniamirzatennis

saniamirzatennis New Member

Listening music during a workout session is an addiction of most athletes. It does motivate for a few extra reps. it fuels our mind to do more. We can remove the limits of doing things that are impossible psychologically. Most of the people listen to hard rock or Metallica music. I use to listen to the Hip-Hop music that makes me remember the days of my youth in college. It does motivate me and feels energetic inside. Music is the food for the soul.

There is no doubt that we should listen to the music that motivates us to do positive things. A good kind of music encourages us to stay positive and healthy. Motivational music brings back those people who are hopeless in their lives.

Listening music in the gym is an entertaining thing to do during the workout. It increases my energy level to 200%. I can hit a few more reps and can lift a few more pound. Are you habitual of listening music during a workout session?

2. Nicola Collins

Nicola Collins New Member

I think you are completely right, music is the food for the soul. If I'm working out, I love a fast tempo based song in the background. It stimulates me to work out even harder. If I exercise in silence, it tends to slow me down. I need that extra encouragement to keep going. I also find that if I'm at the end of the exercise session and the song is playing in the background, it then gives me the extra energy and motivation to really push myself.

When you're exercising, when you're working or even when you're having a get together with pals, music will always fit in. It's a part of daily life, and I think it inspires us all. Music is for life!

3. Aisha6

Aisha6 New Member

when i go to the gym i put on my headphones and listen to music.

4. miumiu92

miumiu92 New Member

I have read somewhere that listening to music can boost athletic performance. In a way, music is the new legal performance-enhance drug.

Music will divert the mind from sensations of pain that we experience up and in during performance. It is said that music can alter the rate of perceive effort by downing 12% and athletic endurance is improved by 15%.

As music promotes emotions that consequently making you enjoy the activity more, it is a useful key to make you adhere to the activity as stickiness is important in helping those struggling to meet their end goal.

5. Dione

Dione New Member

Listening to music during a work out session does help to improve performance for athletes and people who go for gym workouts.

Nowadays, gym instructors have made videos in which they exhibit exercises which are done in correspondence to music beats. In this case the person who watches it can dance while at the same time exercise since the exercises are taken as dance moves.

This achieves motivation for the person involved and takes their mind off how tired they are feeling.