IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Long distance relationship.

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by mjacy claire, Oct 28, 2017.

1. mjacy claire

mjacy claire New Member

Being many miles away from your love ones can be hard situation. It's hard that you only communicate by means of technology.
    As a partner, fidelity is very necessary to keep your relationship stronger. Love can make all the things possible.

As a parent, it's hard to raise your children when you are not around. You can only see them grow through the pictures and videos they send. It is important to show your children that you still care even you are not around.

The bottom line is, no matter how far you are, as long as you keep showing them your love and care, distance maybe long but the love unite both you and your love ones.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
  2. kenshie87

kenshie87 New Member

Been there, done that, yet we managed, we pushed through, we overcame obstacles! In my own opinion, communication and the passion between the two of you is really, really the most important thing, as much as possible real time communication, that's why internet nowadays has a very big impact on the lives of having a long distance relationship. I guess I'm proud of my girlfriend today, which we overcame 3 years away and 3 years together, and I'm planning by the next year we move on to the next phase of our lives! :)

3. Mr Amugune

Mr Amugune New Member

Long distance relationships are tricky. Technology has made it easy to communicate with our loved ones but at what cost? We applaud connectivity while we have lost touch with reality.

Somethings ought to be done personally...most relationships don't last long when spouses are far. Where will you be when she falls sick, she wants to go on a date, she wants to sleep next to you, she is lonely and when she needs a shoulder to cry on. You have to be there.

Personally long distance relationships are overrated and distance is a recipe for a break up.

4. Paul000

Paul000 New Member

There are times when the distance gets tough, but in the end, I know it will all work out.
    I have already experienced this kind of relationship. Actually, it is a tough and hard situation ever in my whole life, the worst part is the person that I loved was a poser. It may be sound ludicrous and that has a great impact on me as a person because I radically involved my full personality within her.
    A lesson I learned, "Some people will come to your life just to teach you how to let go."

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
  5. lenmanalang

lenmanalang New Member

Being in a long distance relationship is really hard. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. It depends on them if they will be patient, loyal, and eager enough to make their relationship work.

6. f_liperodrigues

f_liperodrigues New Member

I agree with that. I had a long distance relationship and it's was really hard for both, besides I would keep going with no problem, but I was too young and had no experience with relationships, I didn't explore the world yet, other possibilities, other women. I was really on an illusion. I really thought I couldn't live without her until she leaves me.

Fortunately, I learned fast that I didn't need her to be happy, and after all, it was a bad relationship to me, and I didn't realize it before. I enjoyed the life, I met other girls, I did things that I never did before because I couldn't too. And I realized that I could love again, I could find another woman that would make it work, and I found her.

Now I in a relationship, but we are not distant. With her, I would handle it again, because I love her, and now I'm mature enough to be sure about it.