IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Long Lasting Computer Battery

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Primeauthor, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Primeauthor

Primeauthor New Member

I recently bought a HP laptop with all its components intact. I ordered this computer from an online store. Lately, I discovered that it can't work for three hours without being plugged to a power source. All my efforts of returning the whole system has been abortive and the only option available to me is to change the battery. The store from which I bought it from already pledge to fund the cost of the battery.

I need you guys to suggest a better store where I can get the best battery for my laptop.

2. jonathscliq

jonathscliq New Member

Hi Primeathor, sorry for the experience. This seems to be kind of a problem generally with laptops (except for maybe a few brands), as you can hardly find laptops whose battery can last beyond the 1-3 hour mark. Presently, mine is so bad it lasts just beyond the one hour mark, despite the power saving mode being turned on.

Talking about suggesting an alternative store (on-line ?), I think you should be looking at the popular ones around with good reviews. Listing names on here may not suffice as you didn't state the particular store you bought yours in your post. One may end up stating the same store you dealt with at first.

3. Sevgi

Sevgi New Member

Such experiences is the reason why i'm so doubtful over buying any electronics online since the struggle and the hassle of either returning the item for repair or asking for a refund can be quite stressful. As for the issue at hand, the battery definitely seems to be faulty since the time you have stated is sort of short, i would recommend that you search on Amazon and Ebay for a battery made by the manufacturer of your laptop.

4. Fancdew15

Fancdew15 New Member

Yes, try eBay, Amazon, and other stores. If you want a really good quality one, order straight from HP themselves.

5. Primeauthor

Primeauthor New Member

Thank you all. I followed your advises and I got a better replacement.

6. Bani

Bani New Member

Hi Primeauthor, am glad that you got a better replacement for your laptop's battery. For anyone else who may experience the same problem as you, the best advice I can offer is to always check for comments from customers who have already purchased the product before, and that the purchase was genuine or verified by the seller. For instance, sites like Amazon always allow customers to make comments on products that they have purchased. If the rating is low,just be wary of buying the product and look up for another seller. I hope this information helps someone else in the future.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017