IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Love and religion

Discussion in 'Religion & Spirituality' started by Lillylabelle, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Lillylabelle

Lillylabelle New Member

Would you convert from your religion for the sake of love?
    In my opinion I think you can do anything for love.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
  2. Wlocky

Wlocky New Member

People do. Mostly the men are the ones that convert into the lady's religion. Love has proven to be too strong for religion and makes people do very foolish things. Personally i think if it is a must that one has to convert then it should be the man because family places a lot of expectation on the lady and this would put her in a very tight spot if she is to choose. On the other hand, man is a known law breaker and is able to stand firm on his decisions.

3. Emma Kwamboka

Emma Kwamboka Member

Hi. I totally disagree with you. If I had to change my religious beliefs, I would not marry the person that I love because the first person I love is God, who created me. I have my faith, and my principles, and this is what makes me who I am. And if that person loves me he would love my God too.

You should never change who you are and what you believe to satisfy anyone( if they can't support you for who you are, then you're better off without them.) I would first make it a priority to marry someone who shared my faith. All the best though.