IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Male dominant movies? Or Female dominant movies?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Pearl88, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Pearl88

Pearl88 New Member

Do you enjoy action movies when the woman is the strong hero or do you prefer a male as the hero?

2. bill

bill New Member

I like when the man is the hero. I don't like it when I watch a woman beating up a man. I always feel like I am humiliated especially when I put myself in the shoes of the man being beaten. When the man is the hero, I always enjoy especially when it comes to fighting. The fights are always very interesting. I always feel like I am the one fighting.

3. CJI1003

CJI1003 New Member

I usually prefer a strong male lead but it all depends on the show/film and its story line. There is nothing wrong with a great female lead but only if the story line is realistic. Sort of what Bill has been saying - sometimes a female lead has to beat or kill a male character and you sort of think, that could never happen realistically, being female I am not putting down the female gender at all but when the action is OTT then it kind of ruins it. Just my opinion of course.

4. adrian3008

adrian3008 New Member

For me, any can do if the plot of the movie is captivating. I mean, why would I prefer women heroes or vice versa? Both women and men have the capability of acting good movies and as heroes. But we may say that depending on the role of the hero in a movie, a male or female may be well suited for the role e.g. If the hero is to perform strenuous activities, the role may be best suited for a male.

5. Hx009

Hx009 New Member

If you are talking about action then I love to watch women's action but if you are talking about heroism character of movie then my choice will be male.
    Male dominate the society, male make the rule, male run the system ( off course females are a part of it). So watching male as a hero is not a strange thing.
    If females are hero then it is enjoyable to watch but just a distraction for few months as an aftermath, if you grasp the scenes seriously.
    It can give a birth to a different stream of thoughts in your mind. We respect that thought but movies standard are not enough for this, it will be just a joke to the society.