IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Marijuana can heal everything?

Discussion in 'Medical' started by pandax, Jul 22, 2015.

1. pandax

pandax New Member

Scientists in Israel are exploring another medical use for marijuana: Their research indicates that a compound in the plant helps heal bone fractures.
    Researchers administered CBD to a group of rats with mid-femoral fractures. After just eight weeks, they saw marked improvement in the broken bones. They injected another group of rats with a mixture of CBD and THC, marijuana's psychoactive ingredient. Comparing the results, they concluded that CBD alone was an effective treatment.
    Researchers explained that humans have a naturally occurring endocannabinoid system, which regulates a number of physiological processes as well as the skeleton. The human brain and body are thus prepped to be responsive to cannabinoids, even those from an outside source like marijuana.
    Seventeen U.S. states have legalized CBD for limited medical use or research, and 23 other states have more broadly legalized marijuana for medical purposes. Still, the federal government continues to ban the plant, classifying it as one of the "most dangerous" drugs !
    What is your opinion about this?
    I saw this yesterday night on GREEK TV.

2. JacqofAll

JacqofAll New Member

There is so much I could say on this matter but let me start by saying I don't believe marijuana should be illegal nor should it be classified as a drug. It is a plant, created by God, just like parsley or oregano. To be totally frank, I am disturbed that same sex marriages are legal yet marijuana is not. Nothing against same sex couples, but there are people in my life who could benefit from the plant yet cannot because it is illegal (and also too avoid weight gain from the munchies..but another topic for another day) and incarceration is not worth the risk.

I do think its a pretty interesting that the human brain and body are prepped to be responsive to cannabinoids, so marijuana really does stimulate your mind?

3. graziella

graziella New Member

The federal government will not allow the Veterans Administration to even discuss marijuana therapies even though the drug can help those with post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). I do not understand how they can treat those that have served our country with such disrespect when this drug has been proven to aid those with PTSD, a condition directly related to the service they provided our country. They are stuck in the sixties!

Hopefully, the feds will come around soon as marijuana has been proven to help cancer or aids sufferers that have a hard time ingesting meals, as well as those with PTSD, seizures, anxiety disorders, and tremors.

4. Lokita

Lokita New Member

As a legal medical marijuana user I feel strongly about this topic. I have Crohns, migraines and PTSD and I have gotten off all prescription medicines by using vaporized marijuana. I have only had my card for two years and have no prior experience but for me it is a godsend. I have really found great relief especially long term relief by making my own edibles.

Society is beginning to come around as people open their minds and realize the true medicinal potential of this wonderful plant.

5. maclover68

maclover68 New Member

While using Simpson Oil to treat four types of cancers (one had metastasized), my boyfriend's toe was shattered by someone running over it with a wheel chair. He didn't get it checked for about a week and had no problem walking on it. The doctors were shocked to find that the bones in the toe were knitting back together on their own. They told him to expect to have to have it re-shattered later so they could set it for a "proper" healing. Well, that never had to happen as to their amazement the bones mended back together perfectly. The only thing we could think of was the Simpson Oil which had also taken care of several other problems besides his cancers.

Most exciting of all though is the fact that though he was given only four months to live on June 28, 2014 he is still alive and beating cancer today. Where conventional medicine was no longer able to offer hope MMJ was and still is!

6. dr45

dr45 New Member

For me I would not think marijuana is good for some of these reasons. First reason for why I think that it is not good for you is becuase it is a drug. It has been scientifically proven that marijuana is a harmful drug. Secondly from studies, statistics and personal expierence of seeing people take marijuana that most of them end up as losers. This is becuase of the effects of using marijuana and becoming addicted to it. Third is that it is just what it is a drug. That marijuana is bad becuase of what it is an illegal drug that is not good for your body. These are some reasons why I think marijuana is not good.

7. Kayte48

Kayte48 New Member

There is so much debate here in New Zealand about the medicinal use of marijuana. It is not readily available here, and a recent incident where a chronically epileptic boy was on death's door highlighted the controversy. The hospital had to apply to the government, and then get the cannabis oil from USA. It's ridiculous the efforts required, and that was for just one boy.

It is still illegal here on all levels, and research has proven time and time again its medicinal and healing properties. If used correctly and with knowledge, then I feel it should be accepted as a medicinal product. Our government's concerns primarily lay with the difficulties in regulating it and the taxes involved in doing the same. They have their head in the sand. It's always been illegal and we're not moving on that stance. It's a new milenium, time to get out of the dark ages.

lolu0259 likes this.
  8. Lythium

Lythium New Member

There are many positive uses for marijuana, and I believe it's only a matter of time before it is legal for medical use and eventually recreational use everywhere in the states. I was having a conversation with a lawyer one day about the issue. He was an ex-cop who believed that marijuana should remain illegal because of what he's been told throughout his life. When I asked him if he could name one instance where someone died from a marijuana overdose, he could not. I asked him if he knew of anyone who had died from alcohol poisoning and unfortunately he knew of a few. People are finally starting to think for themselves and they are realizing that it's not as bad as we've always been told it is. I have read about some of the reasons why marijuana is illegal and they all revolve around greed, racism or politics, none of which are very good reasons.

9. Nocturnal Writer

Nocturnal Writer Member

I am glad that I have read this for I have a knowledge then that Marijuana is not only used for teenagers to hallucinate themselves but it has a healing effect to people's illnesses. I have learned that in some states in America, Marijuana is already legalized for its therapeutic effect to user's ailments. Hope it won't be abused.

10. JustLeahHere

JustLeahHere New Member

There's a huge difference between extracting the oils for medical purpose and smoking the plant. I'm not disagreeing with you on the fact that it has benefits but when people give their opinion on why marijuana is "so amazing" they seem to overlook the fact (probably on purpose) that the way they use it is not what medical professionals are talking about. Smoking marijuana can cause (or bring out) a lot problems like paranoia even when having not smoked for years. There are also many other points I could make on why smoking it is bad for you but I won't go into that.

On the other hand, I don't think it should be illegal OR if it is never legalized, I don't think people found with cannabis should be penalized as much as they are. I've never heard of it killing people but I have heard the negative effects of the drug. I also believe, though, that people should be able to decide for themselves on whether they want to smoke it or not. Alcohol is also a drug and causes far more problems (and kills people) but that is legal so I believe marijuana should also be given the same rules.

I do know that smoking it can have benefits for certain people but I'm talking about teenagers and those people who fight to have it legalized purely because they want to get high. There's nothing wrong with that but if the fight to legalize it is ever going to be won then it needs to be done the right way, with the people who would benefit from it the most in mind.

11. sharmist

sharmist New Member

Our state will be voting on medicinal marijuana soon. Previously I would have voted against it. However I have a friend who's little boy started having seizures and the only thing that might help him was marijuana. They would not have been able to get it legally until it was voted on and passed. He desperately needed help.

This changed my opinion because I realized that other medicines are probably worse than medicinal marijuana. Therefore I really don't understand why so many people don't want it to be legal.

If you had a child or grandchild that was sick and marijuana was the only thing that would help them, wouldn't you want them to have marijuana if that was the answer. I know I would.

12. Amber Murphy

Amber Murphy New Member

There are both positive and negative things that can come with marijuana. The positive things are that it helps with many different illness such as AIDS, arthritis, lung problems. It also helps relives stress, pain, and increases hunger. The negative things about marijuana is that it is illegal, and it can cause serious consequences if a certain amount is contained by the police. Different states can vary with this rule. And it can also decrease your IQ by 8 to 10 points if you use it long term on a day to day basis.

lolu0259 likes this.
  13. JasmineG

JasmineG New Member

While I do not believe that marijuana can heal everything, I do believe in its healing properties. I have always been against the use of man made medicines and treatments, as they often pose harmful side effects and only mask the situation. I also beg to differ on the IQ, several things can decrease your IQ, and numbers do not define mental capacity. Simply reading or doing activities that require you to exercise your brain can help improve your IQ.

I personally have used marijuana for pain and it has worked wonders. What works for some may not work for all, but I am certainly happy to see the world of medicine taking a step toward more natural treatment options.

14. lolu0259

lolu0259 New Member

I personally believe marijuana is a organic and made by God. But, a problem arises when it is abused, this plant is addictive nd can destroy brain cells of young lads and teenages that takes it. I however believe that there should be a system that should coordinate the usage of marijuana. The future of a country should noy be destroyed by a plant via abuse by its youth population

15. Injoker_420

Injoker_420 New Member

Marijuana does not cures every illness. But is does cure some. I think marijuana is should be legalize so that everyone who is fighting against illness right now would get a second chances. I'm not saying marijuana is something magical that can cure this and that. I'm just sayi g marijuana is not something that goverment wants to banned. The things that should be banned is drugs, alcohol, tobbacoss.

To people that fight against illness right now. I'm hoping that every of you cure as much as possible. Marijuana is not a life giver. It only helps just a number of percentage compared to doctors who fight with them in the surgery room.