IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Movies or Series?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Ann Wachira, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Ann Wachira

Ann Wachira New Member

Which one do you prefer?

2. Dieter

Dieter New Member

A nice movie was a good story is better to watch than any TV series. Why? Well TV Series are usually limited to 20 minutes or 40 minutes. This is the reason I prefer a 90 min story than only a shortcut story. I hate really TV series where you need to see each episode and if you miss one you are out of the game. If I am really interested in a TV series I watch multiple episodes in one piece, most of the time late in the night.

3. DrEdu

DrEdu New Member

TV series tell some stories better and keep the audience hooked. The reason why you see some TV series with fanatical following. Therefore TV shows will employ diverse devices to tell their story while movies are limited.

4. gtdoss

gtdoss New Member

I enjoy TV series much more than movies. Usually after a movie I sit and think, "I want more," or "I want this idea to be developed further." With a TV series they've got hours and hours to thoroughly develop and flesh out an idea or a story arc. Plus, there just seems to be more and better TV series options than movie options, in my opinion.

Now, I have watched movies in the past that have floored me, that have been very exciting/interesting and with satisfying conclusions. Unfortunately, those are few and far between for me. So I have learned that I am better off with TV series, because I can better pick and choose what I want to watch.

5. lazmir

lazmir New Member

I prefer TV series,the longer the better.The much length of TV series offers more characters making it more interesting.Moreover,TV series build suspense episode by episode such that,the last scene of an episode makes you really want to see how things turn out in the next episode

6. ColdFlameChris

ColdFlameChris New Member

I prefer watching movies than series because what I want to watch is a fast phasing movie where I can start and end at the same date. Unlike in movies, watching tv series takes a lot of episodes or seasons before it finally ends, and it's tiring to wait every week for new episodes to watch. What I want is to watch a different genre for every movie that I like. I do still watch tv series like The Walking Dead, The Flash, and Supergirl but most of the time, I still prefer movies.

fredhamdy likes this.
  7. fredhamdy

fredhamdy New Member

Good fellas, Pulp Fiction, A Clockwork Orange, Boogie Nights and Spirted Away made me love filmmaking as much as the stories in movies. Also, the book '1001 movies you must watch before you die' influenced me greatly and led me to many great viewing experiences.

8. Felipe

Felipe New Member

I've always felt a movie is just too short to tell a good story ,not always of course.

9. CJI1003

CJI1003 New Member

I like both. I am a binge watcher (totally blaming NetFlix for this!) of many different series over and over again, but it is nice to break up a Vampire Diaries session with a Pitch Perfect or Olympus has Fallen. A change of pace from Gilmore Girls has to be a major action film. It is perfectly acceptable to like both, you are missing out of you don't indulge in both now and again!

10. Joseph Martinez

Joseph Martinez New Member

I prefer to watch TV Series because it takes time to build up the characters and the plot. Whenever i watch movies, I feel like it's always open-ended even if it clearly states an ending. I take my time in analyzing everything that's going on and by watching a TV series it gives me the ample amount of time to really think about what's gonna happen in the next few weeks to come.

11. Ohanga

Ohanga Member

I prefer watching television series since they make want to see more and more and event want to imagine what might happen the following day that is the next episode.

12. Den Denoh

Den Denoh New Member

Tv series are way much better than movies. A movie is limited to about an hour and a half or maybe even two hours. But a tv series continues for many episodes until the plot is completely exhausted. See the thing about tv series is that depending on the plot, it could go on and on to the viewer's advantage. Tv series tend to tell a story that more often than not leaves one craving for more and more of where that came from.

I am one of the people who gets soo engrosed into a series that when i take a break, i usually see as if am part of the actors' life in the particular series i was watching. Especially comedy series, that are very addictive and more often than not leave you smiling sheepishly alone when you remember a certain joke or scene.

Of course some of the series do nothing but disappoint the viewers but the majority i have come across have always been worth my while. Tv series like Blacklist,Scandal,Game of Thrones and Bull are some of the best you will ever come across. Besides tv series tend to be remembered for a longer period and have a larger following compared to movies

Kieranlewix likes this.
  13. richellemchua

richellemchua New Member

I equally like movies and series, but I find movie better because it gives me satisfaction after watching it, unlike in series there are always a cliff hanger (which is the point) but I don't like the idea of having to wait a year or several months to watch another season. Although series are also interesting because it leaves you asking for more and solving the mysteries on your own or making your own predictions, which is pretty good for you especially if you're really interested and willing to wait for too long, but I get that the long wait for another season is always worth it, I've tried watching some series and I liked it, but I like movies better ;)

14. ESTEBAN R. GRAFIL JR

ESTEBAN R. GRAFIL JR New Member

I would prefer the Movies over the Series one because Movies provide you the whole sequence of the incident in just a period of time. While in Series it takes a lot of time for you to evaluate and analyse the events that take place due to it is being cut into different episodes. It takes a lot of time in Series to learn the important details that you want to know. Unlike in movies that it is directly specific due to it's limited time availability.

I would really choose Movies just because of it's uniqueness and completeness in terms of the characters or event that are being portrayed. In a short period of time you will be able to know all the information that you want to know.