IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

MUSIC: A Stress Reliever

Discussion in 'Music' started by babyblue09, Sep 10, 2017.

1. babyblue09

babyblue09 New Member

Regardless of what your genre is, people listen to music in so many reasons. There is this one instance wherein I conducted a survey in our office as to why they listen to music. Reason being was that I happen to noticed that about 95% of my colleagues are plugging in their mp3s right before they start working. And guess what most said: to relief their STRESS so that they can focus on their jobs. But in this article I also enumerate some of the many reasons why people listen to music.

(1) Emotional Management. Music can be inspirational; it can encourage thoughts and motivate you.
    (2) It Blocks Distraction. Being able to block out distractions can be a way to cope with stress, as it gives you more control over your environment.
    (3) Enhanced Concentration. Music can aid your concentration by suppressing distractions around the office
    (4) It Provides Relaxation. Music at work can contribute to relaxation by channeling your stress and negative emotions, and can remind you of not being at work.
    (5) It Creates variation. Music can provide you with a diversion so you don’t engage in other distracting behaviors.

2. Kelly King

Kelly King New Member

As music can absorb our attention, it acts as a distraction at the same time it helps to explore emotions. This means it can be a great aid to meditation, helping to prevent the mind wandering.

Musical preference varies widely between individuals, so only you can decide what you like and what is suitable for each mood. But even if you don’t usually listen to classical music it may be worth giving it a try when selecting the most calming music.

When people are very stressed, there is a tendency to avoid actively listening to music. Perhaps it feels like a waste of time, not helping to achieve anything. But as we know, productivity increases when stress is reduced, so this is another area where you can gain vast rewards. It just takes a small effort to begin with.

3. Purity Mani

Purity Mani New Member

Its the best stress reliever, it acts as distraction as you meditate on the words of the song as you are concentrating on words you emotions and feelings change.
    For those who love dancing you dance to your favorite songs as get absorbed into the music you become relaxed.
    In other cases some music lyrics can make you sad as you meditate on the words,when stressed one should listen to songs which will bring motivation or happy 'songs'.

4. asdfghjxxkra

asdfghjxxkra New Member

Music can be considered a stress reliever. When I am pissed at work or stressed I just listen to music and it makes me forget the stress that I felt and it makes me relax and calm. While at work, despite being busy we just listen to music while working and we tend to forget how busy we are.

Music has a way of calming you and making you feel at ease. It makes you forget the worries you had even just for a short while.