IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Music as therapy?

Discussion in 'Music' started by b_carter1980, Nov 21, 2016.

1. b_carter1980

b_carter1980 New Member

There's no denying that music can make or break a mood. I know there have been plenty of times where music put me in a funk, as well as times when music took me out of one. Personally, I use music to gauge my mood. Whatever songs I gravitate to tell me a lot about what I'm feeling - or denying that I'm feeling - in any given moment. It's a great way to sad to glad in 3.5...minutes! Do you agree? How has music helped your mood?

2. kokimboka

kokimboka New Member

I agree with you,music is therapeutic. One minute am sad, or in a bad mood then I put music on,especially worship music and viola! my moods just change. I feel rejuvenated, encouraged, happy I just don't know what I would do without music. There are nights when I can't sleep and my solution is nice slow music.

b_carter1980 likes this.
  3. b_carter1980

b_carter1980 New Member

I absolutely agree! It also helps me set the tone when I'm writing. I'm very eclectic when it comes to music. I'll listen to just about anything with a positive message or awesome beat!

4. newtonvic

newtonvic New Member

I think that music can be a good therapy for every person in the world. A scientific point of view tell Us that Classic Music is the best music you can hear while you are working or just you can get relax, But I'm Medical student, in my personal opinion when I'm studying I can't get focus with that kind of music. I'd rather classic rock, funk or blues and that really works for me. I mean, you don't necessary need to listen classic music to concentrate in your activities, you can listen your best playlist and you focus better in whatever you're doing.

5. hurtadoluisalex1

hurtadoluisalex1 New Member

Music as treatment is utilized to achieve objectives. All types of music may have restorative impacts, in spite of the fact that music from one's own way of life might be most effective.Just as certain music can prompt unwinding and quiet states, other music may bring about tumult.

Sorts of music contrast in the sorts of neurological incitement they bring out. For instance, established music has been found to bring about solace and unwinding while shake music may prompt to inconvenience. Music may accomplish its helpful impacts to some extent by raising the torment limit.

Music might be utilized with guided symbolism to deliver modified conditions of awareness that reveal shrouded enthusiastic reactions and animate imaginative bits of knowledge. Music may likewise be utilized as a part of the classroom to help kids in the advancement of perusing and dialect abilities. Open strategies include listening to and reacting to live or recorded music.

6. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit New Member

That's for sure! The music tells us a lot of things (sometimes, much more than we can imagine), and what we should do is know how to listen to it.

I think the different musical styles "match" our feelings. For example: when we are angry, the tendency in most people is to listen to heavy, rock style music. When we are in love, listening to romantic songs and so on. The music serves for much more things than we can imagine or we can understand.

Music has always been, is, and will always be life.

wickedhim likes this.
  7. AimlessDreamre

AimlessDreamre Member

I have to agree! Whenever I'm frustrated or sad or angry, there are those certain songs I know will make me feel better! That goes for when I'm happy and need a tune to match! I don't think I could go a day without listening to music! Music is life.

wickedhim likes this.
  8. wickedhim

wickedhim New Member

I am in a similar situation, I can not spend one day without music. It has become part of my life, when i take the bus I have an specific playlist and when cooking is the same. If I take the bus without being listening to my favorite music it fells like it is a long journey.

9. AimlessDreamre

AimlessDreamre Member

I completely agree! Whenever I go somewhere, whether it be on a simple walk or a bus ride, I must have my music with me. It helps make the journey shorter. Strangely enough, it often helps cures my motion sickness that I sometimes get in a moving car...Music is an amazing thing!

wickedhim likes this.
  10. Carmen Lorenzo

Carmen Lorenzo New Member

Music as therapy, absolutely! Music can transport our soul and take it from the darkness into the light. It has always moved in and inspired me to realize that things will get better. To believe that we can come out of the darkness has been proven to me by music that literally heals my soul. It is so soothing to have music and I feel sad for those who can't hear. It's so sad to be left in the world without music.

11. AlessMeison

AlessMeison New Member

Yes! It helps me to control my stress problem

12. DesA4

DesA4 New Member

I believe music can be a type of therapy because it's the only way to express someone's feelings without them actually speaking out how they feel. Most of the time music calms people down when they are going through something. I don't think I heard one negative thing about music not helping someone cope with their feelings.

Corena likes this.
  13. Gktime

Gktime New Member

Im actually listening to music right now to help me out. I think that songs can definitely help people feel better. I've also been thinking for a while to do music as a form of therapy, but what do you do if you are ashamed of the type of music that you want to do? I agree with DesA4, it's a good way to express your feelings and also doing music can help other people.

14. Ally

Ally New Member

I think music as therapy is a great alternative to medicine I use it for my anxiety since it seems effective to calm me once it is at it's highest I seem to be calmed. It tunes out not only the world but my mind within itself to take my mind off the what I think triggered my anxiety in the first place I try my best to keep it under controlled with breathing techniques but music always helps.

15. Olivia

Olivia New Member

Music just like visuals can be linked to a period of time and feelings. Music has the power to make us revisit the past and envision our futures. Music can make us feel happy, sad angry and so much more. Thus I feel that it can be used as therapy as some people respond better to audio stimulation than verbal communication. Music can help someone who is depressed remember a time that wasn't so depressing and disheartening. It can be used for a number of people as music is so flexible and universal and surpasses language barriers. It is its own form of communication and forms connections between people.

16. Corena

Corena Member

I whole-heartily agree with this. Music is therapy for a lot of people. We love the way music makes us feel, the way it sets the mood, or the way it makes us feel while we're in a certain mood. And yes, music is expression. I think we connect with music so much because, it says all the things we can't put into words or are just bad at being able to say. Maybe feelings we don't even want to admit to ourselves. Music just speaks to people, each in a different way.

For me, music is life. I would be lost without having my music everyday. It's my stress-relievers, my upper, and my downer. I wouldn't want to live in a world without music.

17. Emmaleigh Grace

Emmaleigh Grace New Member

Usually, the music in question would have to suit your day to have the intended effect. This includes genre, mood, and possibly the artist. For example, I can tone down the aggressive mayhem life throws at me with electronic, but with indie? Usually makes it worse.
    That said, I agree. Music makes an unbelievable impact on my life, day-to-day.