IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Music Education

Discussion in 'Music' started by Midnight Blue, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Midnight Blue

Midnight Blue New Member

I am that person who thinks that music should play a more pivotal role in society. I believe that people should take it more seriously. I also believe that music holds more medical and psychological benefits than most people realize.

For those reasons and more, I think there should be a greater emphasis on music education in public, charter and private schools in the K though 12 years. What do you think? Is music that important, or should we not give it a second and more serious thought?

2. lc87

lc87 New Member

I completely agree with you. Music is such an integral part of the human experience that we'd be remiss not to include it as a regular part of every child's education. I don't have them on hand, but there are numerous studies indicating music actually helps us process language better. Depending on whether the child learns to play an instrument, such as the guitar or flute, it can also help us refine our fine motor skills. Here's a great article I found which discusses the topic in question.

See if this article helps. http://www.pbs.org/parents/education/music-arts/the-benefits-of-music-education/