IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Nvidia Vs AMD

Discussion in 'Computer Graphics' started by Shubham, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Shubham

Shubham New Member

I think Nvidia wins in the computer graphics category

2. Peter97

Peter97 New Member

I'd have to disagree with you on this one. As an AMD user myself, I've been more than happy with my budget r7 260x, which cost me only £90, yet it can outperform any other nvidia card in that price range. Don't get me wrong, nvidia are great, however, many of their cards don't offer the same amount of "bang for your buck" as AMD card. Take for example my r7 260x, a £90 card which can run GTA V at ultra 1080p at a solid 30-40 FPS, no other nvidia card can achieve that at that price range.

On the other hand, nvidia are much more reliable when it comes to releasing drivers, and game optimization. Overall I think both companies make great GPU's, and it's just a matter of what's more convenient for you.

3. Willson

Willson New Member

AMD/ATI are best....require less power supply, wrks in low temps hence longer life. hardware of ATI is much better which is not affected by heavy heat or voltage fluctuation. software drivers for Nvidia are better but hardware is a bit fragile....
    i have amd graphics card with amd fx processor and currently playing GTA V on high Graphics...

4. tirex182

tirex182 New Member

First of all, I did not choose AMD or Nvidia. Both of them have ever tried.

For AMD, I explain good and bad.

AMD / ATI

Excellence

In my opinion, the price is cheaper, but could rival NVIDIA.
    second, VGA ATI Radeon fit to play in DirectX 9, 10, or 11. In contrast to Nvidia, he will have problems with it.
    Third, suitable for video. So you often played with suitable wear VGA video ATI Radeon.

Deficiency

Heat quickly, losing graphics with Nvidia in terms of low setting, most of the products most warranty claim is ATI Radeon, and consuming too much power.

NVIDIA

Excellence

Superior graphics at high settings.
    Suitable for heavy gamers and of course a new game setinggan weight.
    Consuming little power (watts)

Deficiency

Prices are expensive, not suitable for people who are new to the game. Because basically, not only the VGA playing in Games.

Errors often occur in the driver, thus disrupting the game. Proven in games like CS GO games and GTA V. so it must update the driver.

Suitable for playing for hours. (This may be relatively)

5. onelinernews

onelinernews New Member

6. Ritesh

Ritesh New Member

I think NVIDIA is best for gaming and all kinds of work .

7. hajounexp

hajounexp New Member

both are great tbh

8. brigada

brigada New Member

The debate over which GPU manufacturer is the best (Nvidia vs AMD) is a full-fledged war that’s fierce, unforgiving, and all-around crazy. Both GPU manufacturers have their ups and their downs. And, choosing one over the other is not as simple as “[NVIDIA/AMD] is the much better card!” It really all depends on which manufacturer has just released the newest line of cards and on your own personal needs.

9. jomata

jomata New Member

Nvidia GPU gives you more options and customization. I think it will depend on the price range. In the price range of 50 $ to 350$, AMD is value-for-your-money. 301$ to 600$ is really nonpartisan, in this case, I would personally choose AMD, the Crossfire allows it to perform better if you add another in the future. Anything above 600$ is pretty much Nvidia’s Domain. Not saying AMD doesn’t make great higher end cards, but Nvidia dispatches driver on a regular interval.

10. rgkhatri

rgkhatri New Member

Nvidia is best because of performance is very good. And second think is it is kess expensive. compair To other .

11. clok

clok New Member

Hello there.

Nvidia is a brand that has shown its ability to deliver high-performance products. In the recent years, Nvidia has taken the lead in graphic devices category. The latest Nvidia Titan X is the illustration of that lead.

However, Nividia main rival AMD is not resting on its laurels. Actually, AMD takes the lead from Nvidia with its new GPU, the AMD Radeon Pro Duo.

While the Nvidia Titan X is provided with 12 GB of GDDR5 (at 1,753 MHz) and is very fast and efficient for everything, the AMD Radeon Pro Duo is provided with a 8 GB (4x2 GB) of HBM (at 500MHz), offering the fastest GPU ever released.

Actually, the Radeon Pro Duo is the combination of two R9 Fury X and is able to run VR devices and apps, whereas the Titan X sems to only be able to run in 4K.

The battle continues between those 2 giants of the graphic universe.

12. analo

analo New Member

Hello.

It really depends on which graphics card generation you are comparing. Back in the days of Radeon 9800/ Geforce FX series, Radeon cards were clearly better - more power efficient while having better performance in newer games and similar performance in older ones . These days, Nvidia Pascal ( Geforce GTX 1xxx ) series are more power efficient compared to the Radeon Polaris ( RX 4xx/5xx series ) cards, but are similar in actual 3D performance, except in the high end where GeForce cards are clearly better. GeForce cards also generally have more stable drivers and are also more feature rich, such as being able to force ambient occlusion through the drivers in any game.

That said, despite having only minor advantages over radeon cards, Nvidia currently dominates the desktop market.

13. TaguroPart3

TaguroPart3 New Member

If you are going to compare their top model, Nvidia would probably win. But if you won't be, AMD would suffice on day-to-day activities. On my experience, I had trouble in nvidia drivers from the past. It won't let me install it and I wasn't able to solve it. It was really frustrating. On the AMD side, I have two games that won't work with it. The games are probably not compatible with the drivers I have. Both manufacturers produce great graphics card and you just have to pick carefully on what model to use or to buy.