IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Old but still loves cartoon

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Gee Wanjiru, Dec 21, 2017.

1. Gee Wanjiru

Gee Wanjiru New Member

Sometimes I feel embarassed for my love for cartoon. I am in my thirties but anytime there is cartoon showing on my screen I find myself glued. Whenever I buy animated movies for my nephews and nieces, I mostly choose what I will enjoy and find interesting. Does this happen to anyone else or am I strange?

2. john kimani

john kimani New Member

This caught me off guard, I also seem to enjoy cartoon and animation movies which if you are watching with Kids it is embarrassing. When watching I so much pretend not to be following what is happening but the truth is most are the times are when I find myself being carried away by these movies. The feeling is more strange when the Kids starts nagging you with questions about the movies and you pretend not to know anything and few would brast you in front of other adults.

I am in my late 20s and I also find myself loving cartoon movies even today.

Jack Kelvin likes this.
  3. AmieBotella

AmieBotella New Member

Hi Gee Wanjiru. No, you're not strange. In fact, I believe you're normal. I, too, love cartoons myself. I enjoy watching wide types of cartoons. From dumb, wordless cartoons to those Japanese animes. Cartoons aren't just for kids, in fact when you read about the origin of cartoons, they were never intended for children. But a preparatory drawing for a piece of art and then later on printed to portray humor. Probably the reason why it' has evolved to be made for children in modern times is because of its vibrant colors and the intent to be funny and entertaining. But just because a cartoon is light, funny and entertaining, does not mean it's just for the kids. We don't lose that kid inside us and I believe that most cartoons these days are made with adult humor and thinking that makes it even more interesting for adult viewers. So calm yourself down and enjoy your much loved cartoons down with that bowl of popcorn and soda.

4. Jack Kelvin

Jack Kelvin New Member

It may seem strange to people who claim to be grown ups therefore they claim that some behaviours should become our past. ​

According to my view I think that every human has the right to carry out their desires without limiting themselves due to what others may think of them. ​

5. Trent652x

Trent652x New Member

Hi Gee Wanjiru. You are 100% not alone with your liking for cartoons. I enjoy cartoons of all sorts and I'm 29. The main reason I feel that I'll never lose my love for cartoons is because of nostalgic reasons. Watching certain cartoons takes me back to my childhood as vividly as even remembering the cereal I would eat while watching cartoons. I view some cartoons as classics that I even recommend to my younger cousins, nieces, and nephews.

6. Jamilah

Jamilah New Member

I have been a fan of anime since I was about 10 years old. I'm in my early 20's currently and honestly I think that as a adult you need a getaway every now and again, because being an adult can seriously be a pain at times. No matter how old you are, holding a little bit of things that you like from 10 or more years ago doesn't exactly make you childish as a whole. I say stick to what makes you happy, because let's be honest, we all need a little bit of cartoon/slightly child-like humor to make our days go faster when we really need it.:)

7. jason bourne

jason bourne New Member

There is nothing strange with such feeling. It is human nature to do the things that they love. A lot of plays used to play with mud in their childhood and in their youth they become an artist due to this hobby. You should not be worried about this hobby and keep enjoying your free time in this way.

The same thing happens to me. I love to watch cartoon movies. It makes me remember the days of my childhood. I love the cartoon named Jhony Bravo, Samurai Jack, Tom and Jerry, and Pink Panther. I had a big collection of these cartoon discs and I still have it in my room. Whenever I miss my childhood days, I use to watch these movies. I often watch cartoons with nephew and niece. They knew that I love to watch the cartoon so they inform me every time when they buy a new disc.

8. Nicola Collins

Nicola Collins New Member

I do feel a little embarrassed when I'm watching a cartoon, but then I think to myself there's nothing wrong with it. I know I'm a kid at heart, and I often find myself lost in thought about my childhood. I think it's lovely really, that a part of me can still have that childlike presence. I think it's important that adults can have a softer childlike side because it helps us release our creative sides. I also think when adults continue on to have children, they can relate more to their children if they can sit and enjoy cartoons with them.

9. Tru Aveli

Tru Aveli New Member

I am 24yrs and literally can't stop watching cartoons. I've got like a whole box set of 'Family Guy' & 'SouthPark' DVDs. In my own opinion Adult Cartoons are OK, the likes of Big Mouth, Brickberry, American Dad, Rick & Morty(especially Rick & Morty), Archer, Steven Universe etc. I could go on and own but I think You get the idea

RianK likes this.
  10. Tru Aveli

Tru Aveli New Member

I am 24yrs and literally can't stop watching cartoons. I've got like a whole box set of 'Family Guy' & 'SouthPark' DVDs. In my own opinion Adult Cartoons are OK, the likes of Big Mouth, Brickberry, American Dad, Rick & Morty(especially Rick & Morty), Archer, Steven Universe etc. I could go on and on but I think You get the idea

11. Joanncali

Joanncali New Member

It's not strange, I still watch cartoons too once in a while. I feel good about it because it reminds me when I was a kid. I'm fond of cartoon characters like Sailor Moon, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty and Rapunzel. I mostly watch them when I feel tired or when I'm alone. I don't care if people told me that I'm childish. I still love watching cartoons even I'm adult already. Watching cartoon makes me feel younger too!

RianK likes this.
  12. RianK

RianK New Member

Haha, same over here, even though I've been around for longer:p, but yessssss, I still do watch cartoons, and anime, and other animation, generally speaking.

By the by, if anyone is interested in short film animation, tell me, I can recommend quite a good number of interesting shorts films [by interesting I mean both visually and as content, writing and directing and so on]. Also, if you know smth nice/worth watching, let me know:D.

@Joancali yay for Sailor Moon! [and the Disney classics!] <3

13. jusumortal

jusumortal New Member

Thank you

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
  14. MomoStarr16

MomoStarr16 New Member

I'm guilty of this. Already 29 and still love those fancy cartoons characters that shown on television. They always caught my attention when it comes to their story. I also like some of their one liner quote that really mean a thing. You can actually get some good point of view in some cartoons show. And I do love those cartoons before rather than today's cartoons. They are more meaningful for me. Here is some of my favorite show:

download (2).jpg download (1).jpg

15. Ktaylor

Ktaylor New Member

I am in my late twenties and love cartoons. I have a 2 year old and I enjoy our bonding time watching cartoons. I do not feel there is an age limit to your enjoyment of cartoons.

16. njigs

njigs New Member

I must agree with you because I too have fallen victim and never seem to cease watching cartoons. I am nearing my early twenties and my age mates consider it queer to be watching cartoons at my age. They can not comprehend the thought of someone my age watching cartoons.
    I simply can't stop watching them.

Cartoons simply seem to be getting better and better as I grow older just like wine gets finer with age. I simply can't get over with Spongebob SquarePants, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Pig Goat Banana Cricket. I always find myself tuning on Nickelodeon all the time. I must admit that it is also my favourite channel. I wonder whether I will ever stop watching cartoons.

Gabbz95 likes this.
  17. Gabbz95

Gabbz95 New Member

I am 23 years old and I have never stopped loving cartoons. I don't think it is childish or weird for adults to love cartoons. Everyone is unique and we all have different tastes and preferences when it comes to the type of entertainment we like.

Cartoons can not spefically be categorized as for 'kids' because different cartoons target different age-groups.