IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Oldest games that you ever played ?

Discussion in 'Games' started by khawer ali qureshi, May 4, 2017.

1. khawer ali qureshi

khawer ali qureshi New Member

Have you ever played the games from 90's? I played a lot of them. I still remember the names of those games. A game named " River Raid " that is from 80's. There was a jet flying in this game that needed to fueled after every 2 or 3 minute. there was an option to shoot the other objects with bombs. Another game that i often use to plays is " Street Fighter 2 ". I had a craze for this game in my childhood. I use to plays it for hours and mine favorite character in this game was " Ken ". Tell me about your favorite games from 80's and 90's.

Rremi likes this.
  2. ezjason

ezjason New Member

No I have not played that game, it sounds very interesting though. I think I used to play the Nintendo games. I also used to play some single player games as a kid. It was really fun. But an old game I remember was Super Mario, like the first ones.

3. jeleanore

jeleanore New Member

So, confessing this will reveal my age, but the oldest games I played were on the Atari. 2600 that comes with the classic joystick. As a child growing up in the 80's and 90's, I spent countless hours down at my Grandmothers playing the Atari games such as "Entombed", "Frogger,"Maze Craze", and "Joust"!

I know I am getting to be an older middle-aged lady, but I am forever grateful for growing up in the 80's and 90's because of the great, classic video games!

4. msyukionna

msyukionna New Member

I remember when I used to sneak to my "rich" neighbour's house to play Duck Hunt. They owned a console and we're not allowed one. Got in so much trouble with mom.

5. Lucifer1321

Lucifer1321 New Member

Well, the oldest games that I ever played are Pinball,Dave,Donkey kong ,Pokemon Red , Age of Empires and some more whose names I forgot. Out of these I liked Pokemon the most. I was a big fan of the cartoons and when I found out there was a game I was in heaven. You get to have your own adventures with your favorite pokemons and it was very addictive as once i finished it I started again trying new combinations.

6. avinash365

avinash365 New Member

Ryu was the hero in Street Fighter 2.There was this funny sound mostly with E.Honda when he used to seemingly jump but dance in the air to move across.There was also Chun LI, Blanka, Zangief, Guile and others in the game.Used to spend these playing on Pentium 2 processor.Of course, there was Mario, Contra, Galaga and Tetris.There was Hocus Pocus, Commander Keen, Bio Menace and Duke Nukem.I think the game developer was called Apogee Software or something.Of course, who can forget Prince of Persia and Wolf 3d?Even Aladin.These are still available as Dos Games which can be played on emulators like Dosbox or Dolphin Box or some other emulator.Some games I vividly liked were Pitfall, a really difficult adventure game and another, Abuse, a game where you had to praise the sound effects and the visual settings where you almost played the game in total darkness and surprise.

Then, maybe Quake 2 came about, and Max Payne with Matrix like effects in gameplay and Return to Castle Wolfenstein and the violence and gore became too much for me.Then, my attention turned to Fifa, NBA, and strategy games.Of course, no one can forget Roadrash and NFS 2 SE.I never thought I would be writing on this but thanks, I have recalled them with delight.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  7. avinash365

avinash365 New Member

I never thought I would be writing on this but thanks, I have recalled them with delight.

8. Tiile24

Tiile24 New Member

Winning Eleven is the oldest game I ever played. That was just a few months ago: still got the setup on my PC but uninstalled the actual game as it looks crazy to me now. It's normal anyway, time changes almost everything including our ideas and perceptions..yhh you heard me right!! Our perceptions too change :D!! That notwithstanding, it's still interesting and worth playing, just that it the "degree of freedom" of the players on the field is limited compared to modern football gaming. This makes the control of the various players look quite awkward compared to recent football games.
    This doesn't mean old things can't be better. Although highly subjective, I think PES 13 is the best of all PES football games so far.

9. KoechBrian

KoechBrian New Member

Yes, and I can remember about three games from the 90's. I remember Virtual Cop, the first release of Mortal Kombat and super Mario. I played a lot of them too. These games made me the great gamer I am today.

10. Yllorrina

Yllorrina New Member

The oldest games I can remember would be Super Mario, Mario Bros. , Galaga, Battle City, Space Invaders, and Pooyan. I remember playing these games as a kid since we had this old Nintendo and no one was using it. I found some games with it and started to play. Those games kept me busy back then and even skipped school as a kid just to play video games LOL!

11. McB Carino

McB Carino New Member

The oldest game I played was Super Mario. I started playing it since I was on my Elementary Level. Most of the time I played with my dad but sometimes with some friends. My dad always bullying me every time he made Mario reach the flag on top. I tried doing it but I am always failed. I was amazed every time I reached the last stage meeting the big boss and saving the princess. My dad keeps telling me to choose the water level rather than up in the air level. Super Mario is already part of my childhood and it's nice to play it again even though we're not kids anymore.

12. Rremi

Rremi New Member

The oldest game I ever played was Super Mario,in an old Nintendo game system.I played this game when i was a small kid.I really miss that time nowdays.

13. zenJ

zenJ New Member

Has to be Zork. My uncle had me by his side when he played it and he narrated it to me and allowed me to help him out. I couldn't have been more than six years old at this point, but I'll definitely say this is my first gaming experience. First game I actually played is the original Super Mario. Fun times.

14. Wyvh

Wyvh New Member

The very first Age of Empires which is still a goldmine for me. It's just the father of that kind of games and allowed the AoE series to last in time. I'm so glad I had the chance to play these games during my childhood and it did help me a lot with managing and settings all kind of things. Video games are way more important than what we can usually think.

15. bobstrob234

bobstrob234 New Member

my oldest games is the nes games and its such good time because i was a kid and i was just playing it all the time before the internet come and then i was playing the ps1 games which is good console too and i prefer the oldest games more then the newest games because they was clean and just to make have fun that but now its totally diffrent for exemple counter strike is making people angry and sometimes some of them destroy their consoles