IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Online doctors

Discussion in 'Medical' started by Nyawira, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Nyawira

Nyawira New Member

Should we beleive and practice advice given by online doctors?

2. AmieBotella

AmieBotella New Member

With this age of the online life we're so in to right now, even medical practitioners are offering consultation via the internet or through the telephone. Personally, I find it hypocritical of the doctors to do this and then make fun of you or criticize you when you research Google about your symptoms. because when they say that Google is not a doctor and you need to be seen personally by a licensed doctor in order to correctly diagnose you, it seems the point is moot when they try to make an online consultation based on this reasoning they are giving. The only difference I'm seeing here is that you're paying them.

For me, the old way of going to your doctor, getting initial diagnosis, followed by medical laboratory examinations to confirm the initial diagnosis is still the best method to be treated rather than the consultation online. But I also believe it wouldn't hurt to listen to medical advices to inform us of the things we need to know that our doctor might not be able to tell us.