IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Open Source

Discussion in 'Computer Graphics' started by jez, Nov 24, 2016.

1. jez

jez New Member

Most of the software have a cost, and some of them are really expensive, we need to acquire them but
    sometimes they are out of our possibilities. The open source software are very good alternative, they are free and most of them are much better than commercial software, the open source belong to a community of people who believe everything should be free, so they have idea to improve the open source software to make them better to the people who do not believe in commercial software or simply do not have the possibility to buy them.

The open source is a very good alternative, give it the opportunity, try it and might it changes your mind.

2. Anders Larsson

Anders Larsson New Member

Open source is good and I'm constantly searching for new open source products within my areas of interest. The downside of open source is that many people use it as a means to get widespread advertisement and then turn it to commercial software. Exactly that happened with a software called Scirra Construct and they discontinued the open source version. I got very disappointed

3. Skysnap

Skysnap New Member

Open source and Free Software are two different things though. For example, there are some open source software but they cost money. For example, WordPress.com is both open source and has a cost for hosting. Though the amount of money required to pay for the overall maintenance and the usage is lot less compared to paid software. You can see that open source software are highly in demand because they are easier to switch.