IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Paypal vs. Bitcoin

Discussion in 'Business' started by alexanderzx360, Aug 11, 2017.

1. alexanderzx360

alexanderzx360 New Member

Hello everyone! I currently have both a Paypal account and a Bitcoin wallet, and although I use Paypal way more I don't know if I should completely move out to BTC. I use those accounts just to save the money I earn online and nothing super special, so what do you think it's the best choice right now? Should I keep all my money safe in my Paypal account? Or should I risk it and move to Bitcoin completely?

Thanks a lot!

2. thenbavanam

thenbavanam New Member

in my opinion i would say stick to paypal itself. i somehow feel it is lot more safer than bitcoin

MsExquisite likes this.
  3. Nido

Nido New Member

In my opinion I would say that you should use your Paypal account as you earn online. Most of the sites use Paypal as payment processor. There are very few sites which pay through the Bitcoin wallet. But if you are starting to work only on cryptocurrency then you can switch it.

Waf007 likes this.
  4. Waf007

Waf007 New Member

I concur with the replies on this thread. Paypal is without a doubt the best and the most secure way of ensuring your money is safe from hackers. While it is almost impossible to hack a cryptocurrency like Bitcoin, wallets can be easily hacked.

5. earnt

earnt New Member

PayPal is one of the safest means to secure your funds. Bitcoin is a bit new and not everyone knows every thing about bitcoin. I think you should keep your funds in PayPal.
    You can keep a little in bitcoin but the majority should be with PayPal.
    There is a wise saying that goes :stick to the evil that you know. Another saying which will help you to make your decision is :new broom sweep clean but old broom know the corners.
    Happy earnings.

6. ShikoKamande

ShikoKamande New Member

I prefer Paypal aa the best choice. It is more user-friendly and it has been there for the longest time possible as we speak.
    Bitcoin for me is still new and complicated! Not to mention not each and every person has a well-diversed idea and knowledge about it.

7. xxxgone

xxxgone New Member

You should never think of Bitcoin as a currency. Currencies are measured on stability(for example: the USD is the most valued currency in the world because it barley ever changes value, compared to Zimbabwean dollar which decreases every day). Bitcoin is just to volatile, having 10% swings in a single day. So Bitcoin has nothing behind it. The only reason you would buy is to ride the hype, which will end sometime. Why not just keep your money in a bank account?

8. Shasmilez

Shasmilez New Member

Hi, both are different payment gateways that have varied advantages and disadvantages. It is commonly said that we should not keep all our eggs in a basket, so it's good to keep both accounts and maintain them.

However, bitcoin is more of an investment than payment system at present. I'll suggest you use your PayPal for regular payments why you reserve your bitcoin as future investment because going by its current status, no one can predict how it's going to be in few years time. It's gaining popularity by the day; penetrating every human circle. So, wait for it to spread and get more popular before you make it your alternative payment method. Cheers!

9. billwaf

billwaf New Member

Paypal is without a doubt the most convenient and safest way to keep your money without ever worrying about hackers. Talking of convenience and safety, Paypal is the most trusted way of transacting money. My advice to you @alexanderz360 is to stick with Paypal since it rarely dissatisfies.

10. MsExquisite

MsExquisite Member

Paypal has been around for years helping individuals and business entrepreneurs collect their money or to send money for goods and/or services and their reputation is superb. The bitcoin business has just really got into effect in the late 90's, beginning the early two thousand and a lot of people are still wary about putting large funds in those wallet accounts since it's not backed up by a bank or another financial institution eliminating the higher costs and fees. I know a lot of people who got started when they first came out with bitcoins and they are bitcoins billionaires now and are using their coins to buy houses, cars, and other items that they need where selective companies will accept bitcoins. A lot of banks don't even participate at all with bitcoins to allow you to transfer coins to the wallet to purchase bitcoins; due to a lot of regulatory rules, but bitcoins are upcoming and rising in the stock market and I think it would be a good idea to have both. I would just limit the amount that I would invest in bitcoins until more research has been established for safety security of your funds because you know that Paypal has been around for decades. Good luck!