IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

PC or Console Gaming?

Discussion in 'Games' started by jamesyu, May 22, 2016.

1. Jaden

Jaden New Member

I work online and that makes it really convenient for me to play PC games seeing as I already spend a lot of my time on my laptop so it would make sense to play on it rather that spend the time setting up a console. I know that consoles have pros and cons just like PCs do, but for me it's just a matter of convenience and that's why I prefer the PC to playing games on the console.

I think if you can afford it then it might be better for you to have both a PC and a console so that you don't miss out on any of the exclusive games.

2. Big Daddy

Big Daddy New Member

That's a nice and debatable topic, even tho i prefer the PC, alot of people still prefer the console, but it's like everything, each one has his pros and cons!

3. Jumbo980

Jumbo980 New Member

Personally I prefer console gaming over PC gaming. The reason I prefer console gaming is because consoles are much easier to use then a PC, a console is ready to handle gaming right out of the box. A PC on the other hand, has a lot of factors that have to be taken into consideration to handle gaming. That is why I prefer consoles over PC.

4. Antonio Savannah

Antonio Savannah New Member

I like PC gaming over console gaming. You have more of a wide selection of games on the PC than on the console. With the console, the selection is very limited. It can get very expensive depending on the game.

5. FergusMacLeod

FergusMacLeod New Member

I don't want to tell you how "PC is a master race" or something like that, but I would always go for a PC. Even though the technology is rapidly improving and you constantly need to improve your PC to stay in touch with the newest games, I am used to the PC and it will probably be like that forever. I guess it is all because of the habit. If you were a console player for the most part of your life, you probably think that the consoles are better. I might agree on that one now, since when you buy a console you get what you get, and you don't need to improve tour console for newer games and stuff. It is a big advantage.

6. VLXF

VLXF New Member

Both have their merits, PC as a platform wins when it comes to customization, brute power and so on. Consoles on the other hand have fixed hardware and that ensures that developers can code to the metal. Something that is impossible with the PC platform, because the range of available PC configurations is so extremely diverse. Consoles also are pretty much plug and play, especially for young children consoles are likely to be preferred because there is less room for error. Personally I like both, but since I am becoming more and more a casual gamer I prefer consoles nowadays as I don't have to worry with upgrading hardware as much, I can just buy a system and game on it for 5-7 years.

7. Kyle

Kyle New Member

It depends on what I feel like playing really. If I wanted to play FPS games, then I'd definitely go for the PC since the controls there are much smoother. The thing with consoles however is sometimes they have games that are exclusive just for them, and as much as I'd like to play the God of War series in my laptop, that simply isn't going to happen because it's Playstation exclusive :/

8. Bllexy

Bllexy New Member

PC all the way, and why? Well, several reasons.

PC is customizable, has more control over the games and you don't have to pay extra to receive the same game but just on console. They also have more power while consoles have fixed hardware that you can't change. Consoles had their place in the past, but now, personally I just don't see the whole fad that's going on surrounding them.

Of course, it would be best to just own both and have the best of both worlds but many aren't in that kind of capability and have to spend their money elsewhere.

Gaming nowadays caters to the broadest of audiences and it all comes down to personal taste. But I think the PC users are more versatile when it comes to gaming since you can always add stuff, remove stuff, add controlers, wheels, joysticks etc.

9. urawa123

urawa123 New Member

For me PC games because there are many advantages of having a PC with great specs you can almost do everything specially in games you can download, reinstall, or even it console games PC already have that games you just have to know how to download it. PC games is a really great you can surf in the net, download music, play games, and even communicating to love ones.

10. KoechBrian

KoechBrian New Member

PCs are awesome machines for gaming, work and entertainment. PC gaming as a whole is much cheaper than console gaming, especially in the long run. Hidden fees, price hikes and royalties are abundant for developers and gamers in the console industry.

Gaming PCs have a much larger library, which in turn means more games. What's more, PC games have free enhancements and modifications available, which is not the case with consoles. Overall, among consoles and PC gaming, the latter is definitely the winner.

11. WickedCry

WickedCry New Member

Ever heard that term... PC MASTER RACE? Haha. It's because it is. I have an Xbox One and I love it... But PC trumps all. For one, you can mod all your games, and two, the community is much more active and adult. Unless you're 13 years old you might not like the people you find on Xbox Live... (We call the squealers.)

PC is much more professional and competitive. Also you have the option to play every console game and more. Games like League or CS:GO or others like it are not playable on console. I say choose PC

12. Rigel401

Rigel401 New Member

I don't understand why there's the whole PC vs. Console war on the internet. Well, I mean, I guess it's just because it's the internet being the internet. But I like both equally. If a game is good, I will play it on any platform. I don't like multiplayer first person shooters but I do love single player first person view games like Portal and Half-Life. Console games like Spyro or Crash Bandicoot I like as well. I just like a variety of stuff, I don't think one is better than the other. If I had to just pick one I'd pick console gaming I guess, just because there's a bit more games I like on console than I do on PC.

13. JonathanS

JonathanS New Member

Growing up as a kid, I was always an avid supporter for console gaming. I started off in the realm of Nintendo and what they had to offer for consoles. As I got older, I graduated into Sony. My first Sony console was the PS2. I made so many childhood memories from that console! I also upgraded to a PS3 when it was released in 2006. After the PS3, however, I began drifting away from console gaming. Switching more so to PC for a different type of gaming experience.

Personally, I love PC gaming. From my perspective, I have way more customizable options for my gaming titles. From downloadable content to hardware modifications on the machine itself. I also prefer the controls of the keyboard and mouse, versus your conventional joystick (or analog controller). In 2015, I was gifted with a Xbox One (1TB) for Christmas. It was an unexpected gift I really didn't want (respectfully) but I decided to give it a shot. I must say, I did (and still do) enjoy Xbox One gameplay for specific gaming titles. It's also become my favorite console compared it's PS4 competitor. Despite all of this, PC gaming is the way to go for me!

14. Chander Mohan

Chander Mohan New Member

I like Both PC games and console Games but when it came to choose one of them I will Choose Console Gaming Is my favourite Despite the fact that today almost every game have their Pc Version but when I play on console I feel like more real, Like we are living the Game's Character. The game I like the Most is Far Cry and uncharted and many others like God of war , Resident Evil, Last of us, Sniper etc

15. neville

neville New Member

I prefer PC since i feel that the graphics are always better than consoles, more controller options, and a wider range of games. As for the consoles, even though they area few dedicated games, it's still lacking in terms of modifications that can enhance and improve the gameplay as well as the community is relatively more toxic since the presence of teenagers and children is far visible.

16. plenc

plenc Member

Pc because is what we all began with,i never stopped playing pc games i think they are affordable to and much easy to put cheat on them ;)

17. Wyvh

Wyvh New Member

I would say both, even though i'm way more into PC Gaming. The biggest difference is that, once you get a console, you're sure to play with the "normal-setted" graphics and without any real lag (unless you've been playing for dozens of hours straight or playing on an old console), while having a PC won't allow you to play any game easily. I do believe though that with what's going around, like having PC Games cheaper or even freely sometimes, can make it all more benefical for you in the end.

18. KhalilaRose

KhalilaRose New Member

I think it really depends on what kind of gamer you are and how much money you want to spend for the best gaming experience. As quiquitfw says, it can be much more expensive to build a high-end gaming desktop than to buy a console. On the other hand, console games can be more expensive than PC games. With access to Steam, you can also play a lot of interesting indie games that you otherwise wouldn't know about. Consoles can be better for group play, though, when you have a group of friends together. While LAN parties are also fun, I find it more exciting when we're all looking at the same screen.

19. Azrile

Azrile New Member

I am definitely a PC gamer. The main reason is simply that I need a good computer for other reasons so gaming just feels like an additional reason to upgrade or buy a new computer. There is also, for us older people, a strange feeling of buying a device simply to play video games. I mean buying golf clubs or a tennis racket is one thing, but buying a special electronic device to play Mario is another thing. I also enjoy computer controls better with easier shortcuts and customization compared to consoles.

But the main reason is simply the diversity. There are certain types of games that I enjoy playing that do not port as well to consules as they do to PCs. RPGs and MMORPGs in particular usually have complex bindings and controls that become unwieldy on a consol controller.

20. Kurdapia122

Kurdapia122 New Member

PC for more controller options, wider range of games, and ability to choose whether to prioritise visual quality or framerate, rather than being stuck with whichever decision the developers made. I also have a Wii, Wii U, and Switch, because I love Nintendo games. Sony and Microsoft have never made an exclusive that I felt was worth buying a whole console for.