IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

PC or Console Gaming?

Discussion in 'Games' started by jamesyu, May 22, 2016.

1. walter12

walter12 New Member

I have always preferred a PC over a console in terms of gaming, since a high end desktop will perform much better in comparison to a console, and it's not only limited to gaming as you can execute several tasks and has more functionality which makes it a more versatile machine, but this doesn't undermine the capabilities and the advantages of owning a console as the majority of games will be highly optimized from most developers, the console requires far much less maintenance as it can perform steadily over a few years and you will also experience relatively more active multiplayer pools.

2. rrreee

rrreee New Member

PC so I do not need to buy different consoles for diff. games. Besides they make new consoles every time which is expensive.

3. Dark Boy

Dark Boy New Member

I always play PC games. Beacause it gives a best gaming experience.I prefer pc games.:):):)

4. SkullFaced09

SkullFaced09 New Member

Both PC or game console are both great ways to play games but still there are pros and cons because on each of that device they have both their advantages. First of, game console which most of the famous consoles now are produced by sony or nintendo and yes they are a bit pricey but it is totally worth it because its composed of many freebies and it's really comfortable to play with and the only thing that i don't like on consoles is every time there are new release games is you have to buy it in a CD form on any game stores but not like computers even though console aged its performance is still on its finest. And next is PC or personal computer one of the most expensive piece of tech but totally worth it and I'll give a thumbs up for its upgradeability. Upgrades could be expensive that is why building your own gaming PC could be quite an investment but it will provide you with wholesome entertainment which could process maximum HD quality. In terms of game release there is no need to go outside and buy a CD but its just one click away that is why if i where to choose I'd choose gaming PC.

5. Somethingclever

Somethingclever New Member

I am both a PC gamer and console gamer. Both has its merits. PC gaming is pretty good because PC gamers can upgrade the components inside their computers whenever they want because each component is easily removable, which allows them to stay on the bleeding edge of video games. Console gamers, on the other hand, are largely stuck with the components their consoles were released with. They can't exchange components with new ones to make games look better, or take advantage of new developments in video game graphics. The fact that consoles aren't upgradeable makes them theoretically obsolete the moment they're released. It also means that PC gaming is always ahead of console gaming in terms of graphics, as processing power is always increasing while consoles remain static.
    Console is pretty nice because controlling with keyboard and mouse is pretty difficult and it took me months of playing PC games to get the hang of it. Not only do you have to get used to the WASD, but sometimes, depending on the game you're playing, you also have to use FZXC or 1234 or other keys in order to fully play the game. The controllers that come with consoles are much more user-friendly.

6. ColdFlameChris

ColdFlameChris New Member

I both love playing games whether it's on PC or game console. There are particular games that I played that only requires PC like Dragon Nest, Dota, LOL and more. Game console, on the other hand, has lots of games like Need for Speed, GTA, Resident Evil and more. It gives me a different feeling when playing games in both of this devices. I love playing games on PC because I like to multi-task and do other stuff while playing at the same time, while on a game console, It gives me an incredible excitement whenever I play games using a joystick and compete with someone sitting next to me.

7. Rexy

Rexy New Member

Honestly, I've always preferred PC gaming. I'm not quite sure why, I guess it has something to do with that I'm used to it, but it might be because I feel like you have more control. If you play with a console you might make sudden movements or overdo movements, and even underdo them. I know a lot of people prefer consoles and it's quite chill, I like consoles too when I play racing games, but when I play first person shooter games or games such as Minecraft, I definitely do prefer a PC.

8. LightMan123

LightMan123 New Member

I used to be someone who was addicted to PC games. But, those days are now gone. I like console games now and I don't think it will change anytime soon.

I have not played PC games in a long time. Last PC game I played was Tribal Wars, I believe.

9. kiefferventura14

kiefferventura14 New Member

As a person who has played video games on both PC and consoles, I can affirm that playing video games on the PC is usually better. It has more games, better game controls and I can add custom mods to the game itself when I desire. While a console is cheaper at first, it becomes a struggle to maintain it like avoiding the Red Circle of Death, disk reading problems and sometimes broken screens for handheld consoles. On the plus side, you can obtain downloadable content earlier than PC players and have access to exclusive games and content.

As for overall performance, it depends on the game. Sometimes a PC game may not be a polished port because of various bugs, problems with the game controls and the unnecessary requirements to run the game. In this case, the console port is better.

In the end, it depends on the gamer. A PC game may not be superior to a console game, but it has something that appeals to him or her. That's what made gaming fun and appealing for different people.

10. PrettyBad

PrettyBad New Member

I prefer PC. Not only can I use it for playing videogames I sometimes need it for school and it's cheaper to buy a PC and use it for gaming and other work than buying both a console and a computer.

PC also has a lot of services like Steam,Origin and Uplay where they give discounts regularly, I almost never buy games for their original price.

Overall PC gaming is cheaper for me and that's why I prefer it over console gaming.

11. bomi4me

bomi4me New Member

I used to play console games when I was a kid. And started playing computer games when I was on high school.
    If I have to choose between PC and console gaming. I would choose both. If I want to play fighting games like Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja, it's much more comfortable playing it with a game controller than using a keyboard. And if I want to play first person shooting games, I prefer playing it with mouse and keyboard because I have more control on aiming a target than using a game controller (unless you have an aim assist).

12. Soulwatcher

Soulwatcher New Member

I am a huge PC gamer and I have also been a console gamer for many years. And I think PC was picking up speed due to all of the game sales. But now Microsoft and Sony are doing Steam-like sales weekly on the consoles and I think that you are going to see PC gaming slowing down again. The biggest problem with PC gaming is the upfront cost.

If you just want a halfway decent gaming rig you're looking at a minimum of $1,200 and if you want a high-end rig you're looking at a minimum of $1,800~$2,400+ and most people don't have that kind of money today. Now if you look at console gaming you're looking at $400 for the PS4 pro and $500 for the Xbox One X and another $400~$500 on a 4k UHD TV and you're going to have the same exact graphics as a high-end PC. Only at 30fps and to be honest most people can not even tell the difference between 30fps and 60fps.

13. Jon

Jon New Member

In my personal opinion, I believe that using a PC for gaming is superior to that of console. However, I do not view either platform as being remotely bad. Console is the cheaper option when it comes to gaming, but a PC can out-perform a console. As a personal experience, I prefer the feel of a controller, such as an Xbox 360 or Xbox One remote. Even though I can use any type of controller I want when I play on PC, I am gravitated to consoles, considering that I don't have a great computer and I really don't want to buy a good one.

Though there are console exclusive games for PlayStation or Xbox, people today are trying to bring these games, or at least variations of them, to the PC platform. Despite this, many people are saying that this shouldn't be happening because if a game is console exclusive, it needs to stay that way. I don't agree with this because people should be able to play and have fun with whatever game they want. Although I prefer PC gaming, I believe that console gaming is still very fun and should be considered when you want to start gaming.

14. sophv

sophv New Member

For me, I like console gaming better. I feel like you can be more immersed into it that way. My tv is bigger than my computer screen, so it’s bigger to see when I’m playing on a game console. It has been a while since I’ve played a PC game, but I love using the Nintendo Switch and PS4.

15. Faizan Corbin

Faizan Corbin New Member

As with all things customised for a particular application, you'll be paying a lot more for a console than for a PC of the same spec.

whats special about console is that the games for that console will be specifically created to run smoothly in it. Meaning, you'll have a hassle free experience with games in, say a PS4. Games will occasionally be of lower graphics than the pc version, mainly to make the game smooth in that console.

PC games have the same feature, i.e., low medium high. But what PC has is upgradability. Adding a new GPU will make your ordinary pc to a gaming pc.

16. ghalymt

ghalymt New Member

I prefer PC gaming over console for many reasons. First, it may seem that console is cheaper than PC, but that is not correct because you are using PC for many other things and you can have a PC for the same price of a console with a better specifications. Also, I can upgrade my PC to keep up with the new games, which is not available for console. Most games that were only available for consoles are now available for PC and at higher resolution and better graphics.

Many games that I like are not available for consoles. I can also play most old games and new games side by side on my PC. You can use many controllers on games on the PC, even you can use consoles controllers beside keyboard and mouse. Better compatibility with all recent technologies in gaming like virtual reality. I think everyone nowadays needs a PC in the house or work, so it is always available for playing :cool:;)

17. jason bourne

jason bourne New Member

I would prefer to play games on a PC. It feels so comfortable and relaxes to play games on PC. You don't have to stick to a specific task. You can listen to your favourite music while you are playing a game on PC. You can also get done with other tasks on the computer during the intervals. You would not feel bored by sitting in the same place.

There are a lot of emulators are available in the online market. You can play all kind of games with the help of these emulators. You would not have to switch to another console. All games can be found at a click of mouse button. I have a big collection of games on my PC and I have designed many joysticks and controllers for gaming.

18. Younes Afias

Younes Afias New Member

Hello ,
    I think Console Gaming is the best because you do not need high equipment to play some games ^^ .

19. Tony Irose

Tony Irose New Member

Well well, the console versus PC gamers again. This topic has been under a lot of debate, but then one thing I'd like to say; it hugely and definitely depends on the individual. The needs of the gamer, for instance; the output quality(PC definitely beats the console here), the cost(the console is way affordable than a good gaming PC), the availability of games(the console has an upper hand here).

The real deal is all about the preferences of the gamer. But one outstanding thing is that one has to be better than the other when all aspects are put to debate. For me, the console is king. The availability of latest games is a key role and the fact that it is manufactured for the sole purpose of gaming. Unlike the PC whose functions are numerous, thus the division of priority. And the console does not require some complex upgrading to play high quality games unlike the PC where upgrading components such as the graphics drivers is a norm.

Need I say more? The console is simply outstanding.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  20. JackD05

JackD05 New Member

As a PC and Xbox gamer, I personally prefer PC gaming because of the significant quality difference. I think PC gaming has the upper hand because there isn't as low an FPS limit compared to consoles. This allows for much smoother gaming and more precise control because I find keyboards easier to use than controllers.