IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

PC or Console Gaming?

Discussion in 'Games' started by jamesyu, May 22, 2016.

1. ChriElia36

ChriElia36 New Member

I have both played and owned the ps4 and a gaming computer and strongly suggest the computer. With a gaming pc that you can build for around $400 you Will have a much better experience both graphic and fps Wise. Because of this i believe the computer option is a better decision for a hardcore player, otherwise the best option is a console (espetially the ps4) if you are a more casual gemer who does't care much about fps and graphics.

2. John Sweden

John Sweden New Member

OPINION WARNING! I am just inputting my opinion into this thread so don't take this reply too seriously.

My Opinion is that the consoles are much easier to use and much less maintenance, but at a cost of processing speed. PCs, while needing parts replaced and a dusting every so often, are usually much more powerful when it comes to gaming. This means that in a fight, two equally skilled in their own gaming setup, one console player and one PC player, a PC player would win as the Keyboard/Mouse is much easier to control (OPINION WARNING) and the processing power would enable the PC player to get that slight edge over His/Her/It's opponent.

The thing is, It is much easier to spend money on better parts and upgrade your PC than it is to buy a console and having to keep buying the new generation of consoles every year or two. That is why I personally prefer PCs as they are very versatile and can suit most jobs you need.

3. Ana Galdamez

Ana Galdamez New Member

PC master race here! Then again my computer is my life not just what I have for fun. I love the fact that I can just switch over and have my game pop up then switch it off and do other things. Also, there are so many titles that are for any of the consols that also come for PC and I can just play it there. While I would love an Xbox one day so I can school my boyfriend in SMITE I can live without it and just play on my PC.

4. orlando890

orlando890 New Member

I rather play console gaming most definitely. PC is gaming for people
    that love one man shooter and things of that nature. Now playing with the 100 percent easier to play
    sports and things of that nature.

5. Jamsh

Jamsh New Member

If you play video games enough to not consider yourself a "Casual Gamer", then you'd probably be better off with a good gaming PC, if you can get one. Don't get me wrong, I am a console gamer, but that's mainly because I'm living in two separate places currently and moving a good gaming PC between them would be basically impossible, and on top of that, I don't really have the room for one considering my small space.

Pretty much the only thing Console has over PC is convenience, and with this console generation, even that's been lost to a degree. With my slow internet connection, I've pretty much resigned myself to not being able to play a game the day I get it anymore. Rest in Peace, launch day hype.

6. Pilotwavyjones

Pilotwavyjones New Member

Even tho I mainly play on consoles I prefer PC because of the modding and how much better games look on pc.

7. Samantha

Samantha New Member

I can see the allure of both sides honestly, but in my opinion they are both very different styles of gaming. Console games are fast paced and combat heavy, while PC games tend to take a slower pace. RPG games offer a bit of both worlds but the progress is still more tedious and time consuming. I feel like whenever you play on a console the goal is to finish the game, but while you play PC games, the gameplay is continuous and the goals are different. For example, when I played Prince of Persia recently on Xbox, I was racing through the levels trying to beat puzzle after puzzle. However, when I play a game like Rune Scape, I spend more time leveling up my character and playing side missions. Genuinely, I enjoy both because I think they are two different experiences of game play all together.

8. FMU2013

FMU2013 New Member

I agree with you I love my PC and the games I have. I do like to play on the console but after a while I get board . With the PC there are so many games you can play and different sites you can go to download and try games for free or to play online with others. With a console you are limited to the games you can buy or download after purchasing so I do prefer the PC for sure!

9. josefina

josefina New Member

Narad Maharaj says is true, there are many advantage of playing on the pc that seems reasonable to me in the console that the reasons that Narad Maharaj mentioned, but clear there are certain games that look better than console on the pc , but everything is a matter of taste, for example, the game The Witcher 3, has its counterpart in pc of truth that there is no much difference, but like everything it is very important to both console and pc player, feel comfortable you can see what are the advantages and the wives protective of each.
    Clear everything has its advantages and disadvantages of each other, but nowadays is the fashion pc game, this is because you have the opportunity to play as a team, make competition with people over the internet, why play with the pc in being replaced with console games There is no doubt that with the pc is very exciting to play any type of game, another negative detail that exists with the console that you have to comply with the proprietary networks of Sony and Microsoft, this is a constraint that makes playing with the console routinely and without emotion.

10. saba123

saba123 New Member

To me it's definitely PC, because you can buy or download most of the console games but it can't happen the other way around, you can't download CS:GO on your PS5 or Xbox. Also I prefer mouse and keyboard to controller, I know you can plug the KBM in but I can only play certain games with it, the other games are better with controller. So in conclusion, personally I prefer PC

11. SpidermansIMP

SpidermansIMP New Member

Seeing that I play on Xbox and PS4 myself(mainly because my computer isn't fit for a lot of gaming, I have a MacBook) I may be a bit biased when I say this, but I think consoles are just better, in some cases anyway. Like sure consoles don't have all the games and some console games won't have as much functionality as their PC counterparts, but I generally think the console is making the leap to being as good as PC with the new consoles of this gen, and the consoles of next-gen might be at PC level, or at least where PC level is now.

12. algxbraic

algxbraic New Member

Personally, I prefer gaming on my console, but for me, it's more about the controller than it is about the machine. A PC would be just as comparable to me if I attached a controller to it. PCs are better than gaming consoles in general because they have about a million other uses where a console is quite limited, but when it comes to just gaming... console all the way.

Specifically, Xbox.