IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Photoshop vs. Lightroom: Which works better?

Discussion in 'Computer Graphics' started by TheBr7, Jan 3, 2016.

1. TheBr7

TheBr7 New Member

Both are Adobe products, but which do you use [more]? Personally I use both, but for different reasons. For Lightroom, this is mainly used as my photo library and for simple basic edits such as exposure, contrast, noise reduction, white balance, etc. I'm also very fond of their presets system.

It's easy to install presets and very easy to use and edit. Photoshop.. .this is what I mainly use for everyday things: making graphics, manipulations, or if I have an overlay or action that can't be used in Lightroom. PSDs are the best source of anything these days because of their multiple layers. It makes it super easy to make images and graphics for my blog, and when it needs to be updated or slightly changed, I can go in and edit just a simple thing or two. It's also great for making anything that requires text.

Need to make a Pinterest post with the title on it? Photoshop's the way to go. Your thoughts?

2. kartik

kartik New Member

In my opinion, The photoshop and the light room both are different, so in photoshop you can modify the image however you want (like, If you what to change the background of the picture so you can change it through photoshop, you can show your creativity in photoshop by doing some modification and with your imagination.)

In light room, You can change the tone of lights and make image in HDR. You can also change the exposure, sharpness , colour-tone,etc... (like, If you want to change the image from darker to brighter than you can do it through light room, you can also change the light source in efficient way and also light room has function to reduce noise from the image.)

So ,The photoshop is use for make modification in image and the light room is use for making image in perfect tone.