IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Poetry as a form of art

Discussion in 'Art' started by sharon254, Jul 3, 2017.

1. sharon254

sharon254 New Member

Poetry is a mode of expression through which you use words to pass on information about something creatively.It enables you to use words to portray someting that you want in a way that is both creative and fun.Although there are so many poems that are hard to understand,it is the desire of everyone to look onto a poem and be able to understand the message that the poet would like to pass across.The beauty of poetry is in the meaning of the words in a given poem.

Ange1 likes this.
  2. Amanda!

Amanda! New Member

I agree 100%! Poetry is fantastic. I don't really have to much to say about it though, I really enjoy poetry and find its fascinating. My favorite poem is a well used and well loved one. It is: Roses are red, Violets are Blue, I have this nice Cards, I made special for you. Hope you have fun reading and maybe writing many awesome and beautiful poems.

3. Lucita

Lucita New Member

Just like all other forms of art poetry is unique in it's own kind of way, with a unique set of audience. I personally like spoken poetry because through it the poet can well express his art through different forms such as facial expression and word articulation making it easy for one to depict and understand what the poet intend. Though it is not highly appreciated as per now with a few years to come it may reach the levels of other arts.

4. Lucita

Lucita New Member

Just like all other forms of art poetry is unique in it's own kind of way, with a unique set of audience. I personally like spoken poetry because through it the poet can well express his art through different forms such as facial expression and word articulation making it easy for one to depict and understand what the poet intend. Though it is not highly appreciated as per now with a few years to come it may reach the levels of other arts.

5. Huz

Huz New Member

Poetry is amazing! I have read a lot of poetry in my native language Hindustani. We are a land of great poets such as Ghalib, Faiz, Meer, and many more. There are translations of their works available online, you can try them anytime! Faiz Ahmad Faiz would be my favorite poet in the Hindustani language.

As far as English poetry goes, Pablo Naruda would be my favorite. I think it is amazing how he converts emotions to words, and that is art! I really love his piece 'A dog has died'.