IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Pokemon Go fan?

Discussion in 'Games' started by nozomi2015, Dec 6, 2016.

1. nozomi2015

nozomi2015 New Member

I actually downloaded this game and gave it a try, but I struggle to understand the desire to go out into the real world just to look at your phone and capture fantasy creatures?! If you’re in the real world, why not interact with real people? I don’t get it.

imperial likes this.
  2. belze7

belze7 New Member

I played the pokemon games when I was young and I think I understand the desire to capture pokemons in real life because in the games, you explore a different world, meet and battle trainers and now even real people, that love this game, too.

Most of us played pokemon when we were kids, that stage when you dream about unrealistic things so pokemon go is like a way to remember those feelings we used to have, at least that's how I feel.

Pokemon go is not the best game out there but its name has a lot of impact for the generation that wanted to capture these creatures in real life.

3. imperial

imperial New Member

The game is based on famous Japanese anime about pocket monsters and their trainers that marked the childhood of the kids from 90's. In the anime, the main character "Ash" fights to be a Pokemon master, thus he has visited several places around of the world to challenge the gym leaders and catch pokemons. Pokemon Go affords a similar experience like the anime, hence children and adults have loved the game. In each corner of my city, you can find people with their eyes intent on their mobile phones, walking around in circles and looking like a bit lost.
    Have you heard what happened in Central Park? Check it! Pokemon Go is a world phenomenon.

4. Energysage97

Energysage97 New Member

I played pokemon as a child from the toys to the card and video games. When Pokemon Go came out I decided to give it a try. Once I persuaded my brothers to play we were bonding a lot more. We did this for a good month until the excitement died. Now I'll be happy if I never see Pokemon Go again.