IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Post your favorite art!

Discussion in 'Art' started by juxtapositi0n, Jul 10, 2017.

1. juxtapositi0n

juxtapositi0n New Member

Hello everyone! I started this thread so that everyone can share their favorite work of art, whether it is a picture, painting, comic, piece of music, etc.

Let us see what moves you. I'll start. Try to keep image sizes within reason!

I hyperlinked this image because it is rather large. The sculpture was made by Benvenuto Cellini in 1545.

The expression on the hero's face, the slight angle and tilt of his head, and the conquered Medusa's head in his hands.. I love it.

It's a beautiful piece, and very powerful.

rosey143 and Kimika like this.
  2. Kimika

Kimika New Member

Art is my passion and I love everything about it! :) I just saw that photo you have shared and it's wonderful. There are a lot of artwork that I truly adore but I love this particular artwork which I painted as a gift for my friend last Christmas. I call it the Angel of Christmas :)

[​IMG]

rosey143 likes this.
  3. rosey143

rosey143 New Member

That sculpture is very unsettling but beautiful!
    I love paintings. I love going to museums to check out different kind of paintings and interpret them as much as possible.
    One of my favourite painters is Mexico's Frida Kahlo. Not only that her life for me is very admirable but she became an inspiration to me when it comes to understanding your own self and really accepting everything about you, including your flaws. She turned her tragedy into art.
    Her portraits are exceptional!
    Here's one of my favourite paintings from her:
    [​IMG]

You may find the interpretation of this painting here: https://www.fridakahlo.org/the-two-fridas.jsp

4. Six Pennington

Six Pennington New Member

The dark depictions of H.R. Giger's creations is some of the most thought provoking art in my psyche.
    His books, Necronomicon and The Cthulhu Mythos have some amazing visuals. His art challenges you to go past the "normal" structures you were told by society to believe in. It introduces you to a new form of thinking. One that tells you intelligent lifeforms outside of earth could quite possibly exist. maxresdefault.jpg

5. Garret

Garret New Member

I truly enjoy most works by Oleg Shuplyak. His paintings are simple and complex. They're visually pleasing but they also make you do a double take. It's an art form inside another art form.

This picture especially stands out to me because of the artist painting on the canvas, which was done by Oleg painting on canvas. Not to mention the optical illusion that captures my eye.

Attached Files: