IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Purpose of computer

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Roselyn, Jul 23, 2017.

1. Roselyn

Roselyn New Member

The main purpose of using computer is to process data quickly and efficiently, Though they are other several purpose of using computer in which i will like to list out in the following ways:
    1. High speed of processing: This allows computer to perform operations within a very short time.
    2. Flexibility: It is used to perform so many functions.
    3. Durability: Computer can stand the testbof time if properly kept.
    4. Portability: Computers could be moved from one place to another.
    5. Security: Using computer provides data protection.
    6. Large storage facility: Computer has large memory that stores data through the use of storage devices, and
    7. Accuracy: Computer gives accurate result once the data that was put into it is correct.

2. Jitendra Bharti

Jitendra Bharti New Member

Computer is so deeply inserted in our life that we can not imagine our being without computer. It does lots of things for us. It can perform things in a very short period of the time that takes longer for a person. It is useful in many ways like we can draft a letter, format it and print afterwards. We also can make good picture of us with the help of computer. All the official,unofficial work is done by computer. We listen to music. We watch movies and also television on computer. Internet is one of the basic requirement of today's' life is the extended use of computer. We can store all of our important files and folder inside computer as it provide large storage facility.

3. anurag yadav

anurag yadav New Member

Computer is a multi purpose device. It depends on how you use it. In olden days it was used only as a tool to save data and organize it in a limited space. As time passed by it was being used to run machines and huge equipments and for specialized purposed. And currently there are diffrent computers for diffrent purposes, such as gaming, typing, navigation, controlling machines, official use and many more. You have a vast number of options these days for a computer and defining it is a bit difficult. In a single sentence i would say it is a device used to reduce human effort to a great extent and organizes the data in a specified and simplified way. Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed it.

4. Olufemi David Olatunji

Olufemi David Olatunji New Member

Actually, computer has made a very vital impact on society. It has changed the way of life. In fact, the use of computer technology has affected every field of life. People are using computers to perform different tasks quickly and easily. The use of computers makes different tasks easier. It also saves time and effort and reduces the overall cost to complete a particular task.
    However, many organizations are using computers for keeping records of their customers. Banks are using computers for maintaining accounts and managing financial transactions.
    Moreover, people are using computers for paying their bills, watching a movie, listening to music or playing computer games.
    Also, computer can be used as a great educational tool. Pupils can have access to all sort of information on the internet.
    However, basically, the purpose of computer is just to perform calculations, retrieve data and process information. However, the computer will only do what it is programmed to do. Hence, the saying, "computers do not make mistakes; people do."
    Moreover, computer is able to perform logical calculations such as mathematical operations. Most computers, for instance, have a built-in calculator that can be used to add, subtract, multiply and divide.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
    Roselyn and jakub like this.
  5. Wyvh

Wyvh New Member

The purposes of computers go so much further than simply this. It allows worldwide connections and data storage.. well, until the scientists find a way to store datas into DNA. Quoting from Wikipedia, "Currently it was reported that in 1 gram of DNA 215 petabytes (215 million gigabytes) could be stored." - The computer will lose some purposes over time.

6. jakub

jakub New Member

Computers might seem simple or relatively the same from the outside, they are much more complex and technology advanced, they are used across the world and in every single field for several and different tasks. Aside from performing tasks, computers can be used for entertainment, educational and professional purposes as well games. I for one find that my computer has far more value in my life than my smartphone, considering that i work as a freelance programmer, it's my source of income that opened multiple opportunities that shaped my life and my career.

7. selbal

selbal New Member

to see wide world with my pc

8. Jackline

Jackline New Member

Computers serve many functions in our day to day lives. If there were no computers there would be no Internet and browsing. Imagine a life with no Internet access, for me that would be terrible . computers also serve a purpose of entertainment in form of online movies, games and music. A lot of research is also done using computers.

9. Noah

Noah New Member

The computer serves a lot of purposes other than just making fun with it. It provides better means of employment for the common man. Many people are now making a living using the computer for one thing or the other. Some people use the computer for other purposes other than business or commercial purposes. Government agencies, ministries and departments make use of the computer for official operations and activities.

Most importantly, the computer is used for internet businesses. Some of these online jobs are freelance writing jobs, affiliate marketing, forum posting, survey taking, translation jobs and graphic design.

10. nosleep3134

nosleep3134 Member

Are those inputs drove by code or by program on the computer if all not the same??
    do these apply to your internet browser or wifi??
    where would i find these functions?