IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Science vs religion

Discussion in 'Science' started by will47, Sep 27, 2016.

1. will47

will47 New Member

Too many science and religion are opponents in a fierce intellectual debate. It is often presented as a choice science or religion. To others there is no conflict, merely different spheres of influence. Science deals with the material world. It deals with facts that can be observed by the human senses.

Religion to some extent deals with the material world. But, religion affirms that the material world is only part of reality, and the real essence of life is beyond – experienced only as an intangible consciousness and spirit.
    It appears that religion is often in conflict with science. This is especially true for the religions which take sacred books as the quintessence and revelation of the divine truth. This conflict is no more in evidence than the debate between proponents of evolution and those who take a literal interpretation of the Bible, which is said to prove the world is only 6,000 years old.

Medusaz'Army and Cryptoreal like this.
  2. Cryptoreal

Cryptoreal Member

We keep on comparing fields of study and some go on to make mighty defensive debates on this topics that end up to be heavy unending paradox of all time. Many souls have died protecting both science and religion till today. It is very sad I tell you.
    We humans need to transend and believe that everything has a purpose and must coexist in order to support each other. The reason why the gospel of any religion is far more wide spread and deeply entrenched into societies, is because of science through
    all electronic devices from broadcasting devices such as media and computers to archeological devices that have really boosted the authentication of any religious material on paper, stone or bones. It is time we wake up and stop fighting and live together as one. Use the car built by science, the roads, food, paper, medicine, guns, tanks, beds, clothes, toothbrush and paste, schools, buildings and knowledge but don't ever be that soul that differentiates what can't be solved. We are here to survive looking forward to life as the primal epicenter of the whole universe and life forms.

3. Cryptoreal

Cryptoreal Member

#creationism vs evolution #identicalentities

4. Geeta

Geeta New Member

Religion also has need/respect/movement toward foundations. It's a mistake of scientism to believe that religion just provides answers. It doesn't. Believing that the world is the way it is because god made it this way doesn't cut off inquiry - at least in the Judeo-Christian tradition (don't know much about Eastern religions.) God's thoughts are inaccessible - at best, available through parables and precepts from the Bible and Koran, many of which are ambiguous or inapplicable to the current world. We live in a world where the good suffer and the wicked prosper. We live in a world of "step-motherly nature" - where nature nourishes us and doesn't; warms us and doesn't. Religions are a framework or scaffold for seeking truth and a good life; they're not the answer. Just like science is a framework or scaffold for seeking the how of things, with the ultimate end of improving our lives.

Medusaz'Army likes this.
  5. Medusaz'Army

Medusaz'Army New Member

Scientists are just now coming around and accepting a more spiritual (religious?) outlook on how the way things came to be, how they are now, and development in general. Scientific facts though are facts proven by man and not a higher power. Most are just theories like 'Darwin's Theory of Evolution', and are just ideas, not proven. On the other hand, 'Faith' in religion isn't necessarily fact either, just the belief that it exists. Long story short; no one will ever know for sure until the time of our deaths.

6. JOSEPH

JOSEPH New Member

This is very contradicting. My high school religious teacher poisoned my mind with creation theory. History teacher was not left behind as well, he played his part and taught me about evolution theory. Who should i go along with? #I was born intelligent but education ruined me.