IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Should i learn Java or Python?

Discussion in 'Programming' started by dannixx55, Apr 20, 2015.

1. djwheel

djwheel New Member

Python is a scripting language and in today's market, you should know at least one scripting language - either python or perl. Java on the other hand is an object oriented language with a lot of complexity and it will take you years to master it. But, you should know at least one object oriented language as well. So, IMHO, you should learn both. But, I would recommend starting with Java because it will give you the strong base using which you can learn any other language.

2. luisalex456654

luisalex456654 New Member

I trust it regards begin programming in utilitarian languages (e.g. Haskell). They are very simple to get for individuals with no programming background and they show you some great practices (like keep things permanent if conceivable).

I likewise accept later you ought to learn decisive programming dialects like Python, Java or C/C++, as creating in utilitarian dialects is frequently unrealistic for genuine ventures. On the off chance that you've never programmed, I'd for the most part prescribe Java as a first language. Python is an incredible dialect, however in its endeavor to make things less demanding, I think it really makes a few things harder for another software engineer. Python covers up an excessive amount of and that makes things mistaking for another developer.

3. biege

biege New Member

Me personally, I prefer Python over Java. As a newbie in programming, I can attest that starting with Python is really the best way to start this venture. One of the reasons why I like Python over Java is that the language used in this programming language is very easy to understand because it's basically written in English.
    Other reasons are as follows:

1. Big companies are switching to Python aside from it being free.
    2. Can handle big numbers
    3. Transitioning from Python to other Languages is easy. So if you want to really start programming, start with Python first.
    4. Debugging is like slicing a butter.
    5. (Other reasons to follow since I'm still learning the language)

Since Python is easy, you can even learn the language yourself without attending schools, all you have to do is just watch some video tutorials or read books about it.

4. sikanderawan

sikanderawan New Member

It depends upon your interests.If you want to dive in the world of creating software,android games and applications then go with the Java.With Python, you can create dynamic websites with Django framework if you want to.Python is also used to develop the modern game applications and some people consider python rather than Java to develop games as it is very easy language.I would choose python.

5. mmbmworldwide

mmbmworldwide New Member

I will prefer python for you than java because python is more easier,little code to write than java

6. dman

dman New Member

For beginners python is more easier to learn and also the best to learn.start little then grow big.pyhon does not require much code but java does.pyhon is absolutely user friendly more than java.you an learn python fully in a month but java takes more time.since there are similarities in terms of comparison (if else statement).you will not have too much challenges when you start java

7. DivineSeer

DivineSeer New Member

I personally recommend Java. Java is easy once you get the gist of it.

8. DivineSeer

DivineSeer New Member

Then again, python isn't that bad.

9. Karim

Karim New Member

I would recommend learning Python at first, cause it's simpler than Java, which is a high level API programming language that I really wouldn't recommend anyone to start with it.

10. pixelex

pixelex New Member

Simple answer Python. Java is harder to learn and frankly is a dying language. It may eventually come back as a commonly used language but python is so versatile why even take the risk.

11. katalan1

katalan1 New Member

it depends on the target you want, if it is your first programming language go for python, it's really friendly and easier than java.
    if you have already know a programming language try java.