IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Should people be allowed to choose the religion to follow?

Discussion in 'Religion & Spirituality' started by kaydee, Jan 2, 2018.

1. kaydee

kaydee New Member

I think people should have the freedom to follow the religion of their choice .For example if you're parents are in a certain religion and you have a different opinion and belief, it doest mean you should be stuck in what you don't have faith in. I know once you are matured enough you can be able to make your own decision which religion to follow.

2. Karuhanga Robert

Karuhanga Robert New Member

Well said Kaydee, one should choose his or her destiny and religion is no different. This should not be forced on anyone and should only be a personal choice. For example, religions that have weird beliefs can really destroy families if the child is initiated when he/she can't reason for his/herself.

That's why children should also have freedom of worship as one of their God-given rights. So I commend you Kaydee for bringing up this topic as we live in a religiously diverse society with so many(including unknown) religions.

3. Lace

Lace New Member

My Dad won't let me go to a church I like although I'm 24 years old. He says I should go where everyone else in the family goes, even when I'm alone because it's tradition for us to go to a certain church. Here in Africa and most parts of the world, most women are not allowed to have an opinion; it hurts that I can't be my own person just because someone says so.

4. Ouru

Ouru New Member

As everybody is having a right to live and basic education, so is a right to follow his/her religious desire.
    Freedom is fundamental for any thriving society, human beings due to their divergent needs and culture should thus choose their destiny.

5. napash

napash New Member

The set of beliefs or religion a person choose is part of his freedom for self-determination. I think it is his/her inherent right. This cannot be impose on the person. The person must choose from him/herself which gives comfort and meaning to life.