IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Should you workout just to loose weight?

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by Angelah, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Angelah

Angelah New Member

Most people think workingout is just for loosing weight and so people without weight problems do not consider workingout.Workingout is great for overall great health.Just because you look fit doesnt neccesarily mean that you are fit.

2. risk330

risk330 New Member

When I first started working out it was because the lack of my durability in all sports. I wanted to last longer than my opponents and have greater mechanical ability. Working out really helped me out because I now have the strength needed to dunk in basketball, to make a sprint that will blow your mind in football and my overall energy goes through the roof.

I would definitely recommend working out to everyone even if you don't strictly need it in your life, it will make you feel awesome.

Angelah likes this.
  3. RapidBlue

RapidBlue New Member

No, you should workout to feel and function better, but not only to look better and lose weight. An image we see in the mirror is quite different from the one our brain and the self-image projects. Our inner impulses usually determine how 'lovable' we are about self, rarely just looks.
    So, to short it down, just workout for the sake of feeling good by doing something interesting.

Angelah likes this.
  4. denise016

denise016 New Member

I think people should workout not just to loose weight but to stay fit and healthy as well. Workouts do not have to be strenuous, they should be enjoyable, if you enjoy doing something then youare more likely to keep doing it.

5. Senia

Senia New Member

I walk when I can it helps clear my mind.I think exercise is good for well-being helps with mind and body.
    Working out in the jym is not a option for me because I live out in the country, far out! Walking is about the only options.
    I've gained weight over the winter, for someone who's always been small I hate it.I have tried to get into exercise videos but I just can't get into it.

6. GrinChain

GrinChain New Member

Working out is not actually just for you to lose weight. Maybe for some that could be their main reason, but working out is something we need for all over strength. It makes our body fit. Tasks that you do will be easier compared to those who won't.

7. bhouston@35

bhouston@35 New Member

Working out to lose weight is great but working out to be healthier and leaner is better. Nobody ever said I want to be skinny and flabby, did they? No! We all want to be lean, mean and toned. You need muscle on your body for oxygen to flow properly and to the right places in your body. Without it, you will not be healthy at all. You will be fatigued and have a myriad of different health related issues.

8. LesYam

LesYam New Member

You are right Angelah. I think most people behave that way because we have been taught by the media that working out is just a thing we need to do to get skinny and have a ‘beach body’. We are not told that if we do not exercise in a daily basis our bodies will suffer in the long-term.

Sadly our society is mainly focused on appearances, in looking pretty and healthy; not necessarily being healthy. I believe we need to work out to be healthy and stronger. That way we can have a longer quality life by taking care of our mind and body.