IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Smartphone vs computer

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Tiago Henrique, Mar 18, 2018.

?

Which do you use the most?

1. Smartphone

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Computer

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Tiago Henrique

Tiago Henrique New Member

With the big growth in smartphone sales I realized that there was a drop in the use of both desktop computers and notebooks, do you think this would hurt big name companies?

In addition, some research has already been done such as using YouTube, which has more access on mobile devices than on computers.

I personally only use the notebook when I'm at home. The smartphone only use when I am on the street. I think the notebook is better because it is faster to write and has access to several programs that are not yet available for smartphones.

What do you think about it? Which do you use the most?

2. Lockridge

Lockridge New Member

Both smartphones and computers are useful and choosing between whether to have one and do away with the other depends on an individual.
    A smartphone is more portable and more efficient to use but it cannot handle some complicated tasks that require the use of a computer. If you want to appear professional in your area of work or in a meeting with a client, a laptop will appear more professional than a smartphone. Also when it comes to storage, a computer has more space for storage than a smartphone. Typing on a computer in my view is more fast than typing on a smartphone because the keyboard size of a computer is large and hence your hands move more freely and faster on the keyboard
    Therefore according to me I would prefer a computer to a smartphone.

3. Lillylabelle

Lillylabelle New Member

For me it all depends with the type if work am doing and also the workload. With a smartphone it comes in handy since I can use it everywhere at any time . When it comes to a lot of typing I prefer a computer since I can work faster. Therefore they are both useful at different times.

4. nekonieden

nekonieden New Member

I guess I really need both computer and smartphones. They have different functions to me, smartphones serves as my way of communicating other transactions and calls that easy to carry everywhere else while computer used as my working area since being a freelance artist needs to have a computer or laptop for work. Although computer can be also served as a way of communication, still among us needs computer for work transactions that smartphone cannot apply and used to but you can't carry it in an easy way and can't carry anywhere. They may be differ when it comes to functions but both of them are just so important to us.

5. dom94

dom94 New Member

A lot of the tasks you can do on a computer, you can also do on your smartphone. Nowadays, smartphones are overtaking the desktop as the primary source of Internet consumption and are becoming increasingly important in our day-to-day activities. It is the most widely used tech gadget of the 21st century. Smartphones can easily be carried around, small tasks can also be done with them as well as listen to music and play games too. I don't think I can even recall someone who hasn't own a smartphone.

6. JamesHaict

JamesHaict New Member

Парикмахерская – это предприятие бытового обслуживания, которое посещают практически все жители города. Подробнее читайте на сайте shoptrip.ru

7. saha106

saha106 New Member

It all depend on the display and protecting your eyes. It is important to note that if the user has eye problem or does not want to develop any they should use a computer or desktop. Smartphones are more portable that is the greatest advantage.

8. hasany123

hasany123 New Member

I prefer computer, because computer technology is used to serve and connect people in the modern world. Computer is very useful to me because its make me happy and it can make forget something. Computer is my good friend because it give me the world in my hand intents without limits.

9. rlpzbeermoney

rlpzbeermoney New Member

I think the big drop in the use of computers you're referring to is because of the consumers. A great number of the general consumers are just only using their laptops and desktops to browse the web, watch videos on Youtube and chat on social media sites. All of these you can do on your smartphone lying down on your bed. Convenience is the number 1 answer.
    I use a computer the most because of my job. A smartphone can never replace a computer in terms of getting work done. Even with all the new technology released recently like Samsung Dex. I wouldn't count on it replacing workstations in the future. The only time I really use my phone is for checking up on news and social media, texting and calling.