IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Smartphones Or Tablets?

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Ayinna, Jan 25, 2018.

1. Ayinna

Ayinna New Member

I really want to know which one you prefer between smartphones and Tablets. Personally, I believe that smartphones do have lots of advantages over tablets.

Smartphones are quite handy and portable. I don't have to worry about how big and heavy they are. This is because they can fit in anywhere; purse or in the pocket. Unlike most tablets which are large and heavy to carry about.

Also, smartphones are like a mini WiFi. For instance, most times that I make use of my laptop, I usually share smartphone's data connection with my laptop. That way, it also makes my work easier.

Smartphones have also proven to be better when it comes to messages and other message services on phones. Due to the nature of my job, I make use of my email which is where my smartphone comes in handy. To be honest, the only edge which tablets have over smartphones is the screen size. Apart from that, smartphones are better than tablets.

Which of them do you prefer?

Emma Kwamboka likes this.
  2. Jamilah

Jamilah New Member

I've never had a tablet, but I kind of want to try one out one day.

3. Dione

Dione New Member

Definately a smartphone. As you have clearly outlined, its easily portable, can fit in any bag and pocket and is relatively light. Its the best for making and receiving long calls and texting/messaging for long periods of time.

In case of damage or theft, it's cheaper to repair and to replace with a new one because a tablet is more expensive both in original price and any repairs.

Smartphones can hold just as many apps as tablets meaning having one of these is just like having the other, only difference being the size.

4. jeon1104

jeon1104 New Member

I prefer tablets rather than smartphones. These portable devices make it easy to take most of what is in one’s PC with them where ever they go. Tablet users are never more than a few taps away from writing an email, chatting on Skype or searching the Internet to get information for their next big project. Since they are designed to connect to the Internet, tablets have great network applications that allow connecting with family, friends and business contacts on social media sites, collaborating on projects via cloud based applications and reading or watching the latest news.

Whether the user is taking notes, recording what’s said or giving the presentation, a tablet is a useful in many situations. There’s no need to remember a pad of paper and a pen or pre-printed notes to help give a speech–all that information can be stored on a tablet. Users can reference past meeting notes without having to return to their office and look for them on their desktop. If the meeting brings up a question which requires an email being sent out ASAP? Send it off as soon as it gets typed up. For those who are ever stuck in a dull meeting, they can easily multi-task by catching up on some other work. While a phone may be labelled “smart,” trying to take notes during a meeting or watching movies on it during a five-hour flight just won’t cut it on such a small device. Tablet PCs are larger and offer a better overall user experience whether reading, writing or watching a movie.

Emma Kwamboka likes this.
  5. Emma Kwamboka

Emma Kwamboka Member

Personally I feel a tablet is better than a smartphone because of a number of reasons.

Tablets are less expensive. Besides being thin and lightweight, tablets have a significant advantage of being less expensive than smart phones that are packed with the same features.

Better gaming experiences. With its relatively small display, a smartphone won't complement the incredible acting, gorgeous graphics, and tense atmosphere of the game.

Better battery life. While smart phones are facing the heat when it comes to delivering the battery front, tablets on the other hand, appear to last forever even when pushed beyond their limits.

Better in composing music. Audiophiles, rejoice. Another great aspect of tablets lies in the fact that they can be used to compose/write and read music. Do I need to debate further?