IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Teachers deserve more respect.

Discussion in 'Education' started by Haroon Rasheed, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Haroon Rasheed

Haroon Rasheed Member

Many teachers,both in primary and secondary schools,have been known to work more than 50-60 hours in a week.In recents years,teachers have found themselves being attacked on all sides,from the government,the public and even from the pupils themselves.But teachers should be proud of their profession and hold their heads high.They do a great service to children even in difficult circumstances.One day, their efforts will be recognized and they will receive the applause they deserve!

VILMA CAPE likes this.
  2. Archiie

Archiie New Member

I agree with your viewpoint completely. A great Guru in India recently admonished his disciples recently, asking them.why the proudly say that their former students have become doctors or engineers but not teachers.

Our society is such that people live lives that are reactionary rather than intentional. Peer pressure determines what people do, and today, life is all about excess and cool. Naturally, teachers not being paragons of earning potential, don't come to the forefront of the mind as something to be proud of - in today's world.

3. Shantana

Shantana New Member

All teachers should be respected. The teaching profession is not easy and we ought to glad that we have person to impart knowledge to us, whether or not they are paid.

4. chekdn

chekdn New Member

You are right. It is very sad when the very people who taught us how to write, read, speak correctly and many other aspects of education are being ignored by the Government or even the society at large. Many of these teachers work hard just to make sure that we receive the best training in our various schools. Teachers are the ones that taught our leaders, ranging from the president to the least leader you can think of yet they don't receive much attention as they ought to have received.

Anyone who has tried a teaching job would know how tasking it is. We should respect and be proud of our dear teachers, they deserve it.

Haroon Rasheed likes this.
  5. Kitakita

Kitakita New Member

Somehow I disagree with this because there are teachers who's not worthy of respect. I've encounter some of them, they are rude, physically and verbally abusive. I don't know why this kind of teachers exist, don't get me wrong I know there are good teachers out there who really deserve to be respected but there are some who's not worth it. I just wish that those evil teachers will vanish like an ash when the wind blows because it really affects the reputation of other teachers who do their job properly. And my heart aches a lot whenever there's a flash news regarding a teacher who abused a child, I know exactly how it feels. It really affects the self esteem of the child as they grow, the sad thing is these kind of child are also being bullied by their schoolmates.

6. VILMA CAPE

VILMA CAPE New Member

7. VILMA CAPE

VILMA CAPE New Member

Yes I do believe in this, teaching is a noble profession. Due to lot of works, teachers sleep late at night and wake up early. Works in school will be brought at home.

8. ikechukwusamson

ikechukwusamson New Member

It is only fair that we start showing them respect for what they do. Waking up early and teaching a classroom full of children is not a child's play, but some people don't understand what they go through, especially when there pay is not that great, and it doesn't stop there because the more years teachers out into teaching, the wider the salary gap gets. Am not just talking because I am talking out of experience, Teaching is a demanding profession like I said before, it is not easy.

They do all of this because they care for every children, They don't want to see you fail. They want to see their student graduate and keep on going higher and higher, I think it's high time we start showing those who educate us some respect, because they deserve our best effort for all that they have put into us.

9. PedroCarvalho

PedroCarvalho New Member

Couldn't agree more! I'm studying mathematics at my university. More exactly, I'm studying to be an elementary math teacher. I'm brazilian, you couldn't imagine the lack of value of this professional up here. But we gotta stand up yourselves if we want a change, right? Peace.

10. Glinary

Glinary New Member

That's exactly why I just can't forget their names. I want to be able to thank them someday. They're the people that helped me become who I am today. I just don't understand the others that keep hating on them saying teachers make their lives like hell. I mean, if it weren't for them, you'd be missing out on some important knowledge, right?

I sincerely hope that they will get the respect they deserve, just like how you guys think they should be. Teachers were the people that taught us while we were amateurs, and it's only right that we will still respect them once we're all adults.