IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

That's it! I'm going back to a flip phone!

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by b_carter1980, Nov 22, 2016.

1. b_carter1980

b_carter1980 New Member

I need to vent, and I'm sure I'm not the only one! Smart phones are supposed to help us in our everyday lives, right? They're supposed to keep us connected with the world while keeping our schedules in check. They even have apps that can entertain and educate us. So why in the world are they so easy to break?! I mean, we can easily spend $200 plus on a phone, it slides off the couch, hits carpet, and now the screen is cracked and malfunctioning! How is this possible with all the technological gains we've made in the world? I remember I used to haul my flip phone across the room and it didn't even loosen a screw! What's the point of spending all of this money on a gadget that - in my experience - doesn't even last a full year?

2. SeaGato

SeaGato New Member

Well, I could not live without my smartphone. I need it to do day to day things like you said. One issue you are stating with them is they break easily. If you are spending upwards to almost $700 on a new phone in some cases, doesn't make sense that you take the time and money to also protect it with a decent case?
    There are drop tests all over YouTube proving that a case can make your phone significantly harder to break with a simple drop. Cases like LifeProof even allow you to take the phone underwater and drop it as much as you want with the "guarantee" that it won't break. Also may I ask which phone you have that breaks from a two foot drop on carpet?