IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

The Best Car Racing games

Discussion in 'Games' started by Tony Irose, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Tony Irose

Tony Irose New Member

Car racing games have been around for a long time now. I do recall they were my first experience in gaming. When Need For Speed was the king of all and one could get to drive cars at terrific speed up to 300km/h. Well, things have changed drastically with improved graphics; almost bringing us back to reality, improved gameplay and a lot of other exciting options. The best being; more and more car racing games have been introduced. This has brought with it a lot of competition, hence, high quality production.

Back then when vehicles would collide with each other and still look the same; those times have passed. Companies have come up and strive on providing better gaming experience either on PC or console and even hand held mobile devices.

With such increase in gaming options, new manufactures have come in town and the competition has never been this stiff. CSR, Grand Turismo, NFS and a lot of other bigwigs have had their say in the market. As usual, one of them has better gameplay, better graphics, affordable and compatibility with our devices. Who's who? Which one is your preferred games and most importantly, why?

2. 14yumj1

14yumj1 New Member

For me, fun car game-play is all about interaction. Driving games like Need for Speed and Grand Turismo don't just cut it for me because the novelty of fast driving quickly wears off when you're doing it all the time. Instead, I find games like GTA and Far Cry to me much more entertaining, because driving is incorporated with the other aspects of the game. Because I am using driving as a tool to accomplish the main game achievements, it makes driving feel like a much more creative then in driving games, where all you do is follow a path for some arbitrary reason like getting first place or beating the clock.

3. kinyae

kinyae New Member

The best car racing game for me is Blur, In Blur's career mode, the player will encounter numerous characters and many licensed cars ranging from Dodge Vipers to Lotus Exiges to Ford transit vans fitted with F1 engines, all of which have full damage modeling and separate traits such as Acceleration, Speed, Drift, Grip and Stability. Some special car models have been designed by Bizarre Creations themselves. Albeit simplified, the tracks are also based on real-world environments, such as the Los Angelos river canals and several parts of London. Depending on the character(s) the player races against or tags along with in team races, they will have their own racing styles, power-up set ups, match types, locales and cars. As the player races well, performs stunts and uses power-ups in certain ways during races, the player will gain 'fan points'. These points help the player progress through the career, purchase more cars and parts and earn more fans for the user base. During the career, challenges will take place mid race when the player drives through a fan icon. Completing these short challenges (e.g. shoot another car with a certain weapon, or perform a long drift) will reward the player with a fan points boost. During the career mode, each challenge features a final boss, which, once defeated will yield access to their specific mods (mods being upgrades that provide enhanced functionality to a standard power up e.g. Khan's titanium shield), and customized cars. At the final boss challenge, all the bosses meet together for a final race.