IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

The Movie or the book?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by tracy, Nov 10, 2015.

1. richellemchua

richellemchua New Member

Both are just good but it really depends on a person. But for me books are way better than movies. Why? Because when reading books you can expand your imagination and explore with your mind, whether it's the setting of the story, the actions of the characters etc. Movies are okay but they cut a lot of scenes in the book and it feels like something is just wrong and something is missing. It takes away the value and the content of the book just by that. Some people that I know who watches the movie first before reading the book always refuse to read the book version of the movie anymore because the movie gave them a bad impression, but then I always tell them to never judge a book by its movie.

2. mumu

mumu New Member

Well for me, movies are better than books. I enjoy watching movies because it is a form of bonding with my family and friends; while reading books kept me in my room all day and night. I'm not good in visualizing things especially when reading books, unlike watching a movie, I can easily understand whatever the author wants to say. Especially nowadays that 3D films are in cinemas, i enjoyed every moment because it make me feel like I'm a part of it.

3. ESTEBAN R. GRAFIL JR

ESTEBAN R. GRAFIL JR New Member

I would prefer the Movies over the Book, simply because movies provide you all the ideas or information that you want to know to a certain thing in just a period of time. Unlike in the book that it takes time before you know all the details that you want to learn. Movies provide us the convenience of just sitting around and wait for the movie to play. In the Book you will need to hold it, scan for it and most probably to get tired of reading all the words in the book especially if you are a loud reader type.

That's why I would really prefer Movies because it is more convenient to use rather than the Book. Hassle free, you will enjoy watching while eating a popcorn.

4. Dictator20

Dictator20 New Member

I prefer in reading books than watching the movie version of that story, because books are more detailed than movies. Most of the time I read and watch the movie and book version of that story and I always noticed that there is a scene in the book that dont exist in movies. So I can say that you must read the book first before watching the movie of it.

5. adrian3008

adrian3008 New Member

As for me, I prefer movies to books since I tend to grasp and understand the storyline more easier as compared to reading the book.For those who don't have the time or are slow at reading books, I would advise them to watch the movie version of the book. As for those who like details, they are advised to read the book instead.