IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

The power of praying

Discussion in 'Religion & Spirituality' started by Mumjay, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Mumjay

Mumjay New Member

Eva wondered if prayer works? used to wonder the same but now am a witness. As long as you pray and tell God exactly what you want and stay focused you will achieve it. Want to know how? Ask me and i will answer you

2. Oolong

Oolong New Member

I know that prayer is powerful in my life. I pray whether life is easy or hard. It's a habit. There may be negative things that happen to me or something that really bothers me, or I'm seeking direction. I will humble my heart in prayer after I finally remember that in myself I can do nothing, and God always answers me in some way. I might not achieve what I wanted in the first place, because it might not be His will for me, but He always gives me peace through the situation if I trust Him. Prob. 4:5,6 says "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thine own understanding. Acknowledge Him in all thy ways, and he shall direct thy paths."

3. JasmineG

JasmineG New Member

I believe that there is power in words. When people use negative language it has the ability to alter our moods. The same for positive or loving words. They have the ability to encourage us. Words are extremely powerful, and when we pray, there is so much energy behind out words.

I believe that prayer is more so speaking things into existence. When you focus all of your energy into manifesting something positive, and when you truly believe in whoever you pray to, I believe that anything can happen.

SimonMadingoKaruk and mythman like this.
  4. JD25

JD25 New Member

i believe in pray help us to release some of our burden from inside.

mythman likes this.
  5. kokimboka

kokimboka New Member

There is no day which has ever gone by without me saying a prayer. A prayer to me is more of having a fellowship with God. Its more of conversing with my Heavenly father. Not only when i am in need, but also to thank , praise and worship him. The scripture says, that God is looking for true worshipers who can worship him in the spirit because he is a Spirit. Prayer is powerful and can move mountains. I am a living testimony. Want to know my story?

6. mythman

mythman New Member

I'm at-least 'two ways' about this: I look at 'Jesus teaching us how to pray.' Not just 'the prayer-outline,' but also His instruction about 'your reason for praying' (not to be heard by fellow believers).

That tells me that 'prayers' as we know them ARE NOT for "talking to God," but more like (as Late Show's Stephen Colbert explains) 'sharing the burden of worry.'

When you pray 'as Jesus instructed,' you don't worry because you know "God will take care of things." But the human-brain is irredeemably carnal---will only believe things it really sees & hears. It CAN'T know 'that god will take care of things,' as it can't "witness" (see how) God CAN hear or see or know your prayers. But if 'some of His people' are there to witness your prayer, your carnal brain KNOWS His people will take care of it (with His gracious guidance, of course).

7. nikki

nikki New Member

I believe that when we pray we are consciously aligning our thoughts and energies to the things that we want. Hence, when we visualize a favorable outcome we subconsciously put in efforts to make it happen. Prayer definitely works for me. Besides being powerful, prayer can also be comforting and more often than not I find the strength to carry on and do better through prayer.

AngelaMc likes this.
  8. bunmmybukky

bunmmybukky New Member

I thank God for this is you talked about, Prayer work wonders in my ways in as mush as the person praying has FAITH in the God who answer prayer. What some people do not know about prayer is that you can nor force God to answer all your request , Why? Because God know the right time to do things for you.
    It is those who know the mind of God know how to pray. Many people today are just praying for praying sake and they expect miracle to happen but jet they could not get the mind of God. God has answered prayers, He still answering prayer and He will continue answer prayer.
    I believe in prayer.

9. odette3282000

odette3282000 New Member

Truly believe in God and prayers are heard most often than not. I believe that God is Good reason why not all prayers are granted because He is God and He knows if what we are asking would be good nor bad for us so He knows what's best for us. Also I realize not all prayers are granted quickly. God has his best timing I have experience that many times in my life so I am very thankful each and everyday for prayers that's been granted and even not granted prayers because I believe God knows best.

10. SheriS

SheriS New Member

I can honestly say that I have had every prayer I've ever asked for answered and quickly, too. There was only one prayer that wasn't answered in my lifetime. But I did get warnings about it, so I consider it my own fault for not listening. Prayer's are a way of having a relationship with God. If you've ever had a prayer answered, you know that God is real and exists. One of the prayer's that I had answered was to see my own future. When I was a kid I asked that. Soon afterward's, I had dreams about my future and now that I'm older, they all came true!

11. SimonMadingoKaruk

SimonMadingoKaruk New Member

It is very motivating to hear that all your prayers have been answered. I pray everyday and I believe God listens to my prayer and answers them sooner or later.

12. princecharles

princecharles New Member

Prayers are very powerful, God is real and He himself promised from the very beginning to answer prayers but their are two conditions if one needs their prayers to be answered,
    1)Obedience-the Bible teaches that Gods promises are given under the condition of obedience
    2)Faith-Too its written it James that someone who has no faith cannot receive a anything from the Lord
    I first all agree that prayers have a powerful effect in life but too challenge you my brothers and sisters about obedience and Faith, God can answer our prayers even before we finish praying if we live a holy life,we are given Elijah as an example,,, he prayed that it must not rain and it didn't rain for 3 and half years simply because of the kind of life he lived