IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

The scientific possibility of an afterlife

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Rexy, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Rexy

Rexy New Member

Is there a heaven afterlife? Will you be born again in the future after you die? Is the light at the end of the tunnel the light to another hospital room?

These are all questions that everyone wonders, yet, nobody knows the answer. Now, I'm going to share my scientific thoughts on an afterlife, meaning that I will not discuss religion. We've all heard about multiverses, parallel universes, and dimensions. Let's say that parallel universe actually exist. That means that there would be an infinite number of you. This is due to the fact that there would be an infinite amount of universes, and there is a finite amount of ways that atoms can be put together, so eventually, they would be the same.

What if the atoms in your current brain were to occur in another universe after you die, would you get another life? I'm sorry to disappoint you, but no, you won't. That person would be the exact same as you on the outside. But no on the inside. That person would have completely different circumstances, possibly even different parents, different country, and possibly even a different planet, meaning that your doppelganger would be nothing like you. And in order for you to actually be there, in that person's body and brain, you would need to have the same electric charges in your brain as that person. Which is impossible, even in parallel universes as electric charges are caused by events and actions, not by the atoms' movements.

What are your thoughts on this? Feel free to share it, I'd love to hear about it.

2. Rmarsh1984

Rmarsh1984 New Member

Seeing as particles are predicted to move in certain ways, perhaps this is a type of "memory". Assuming these particles do have some type of memory, could memories individuals have of an afterlife possibly be the residual "essence" of the previous being? Our personal particles do not disappear once we pass on, but are redistributed into the environment eventually. Since not everyone experiences memories of a supposed past life, maybe these individuals have a higher concentration, purely by chance, of these particles from their "previous self" which would amplify the so called memory to the point of recollection.

Yes, it seems pretty far-fetched, but there is still so much we have to learn about the universe. Though probably/most likely not the case, it's still a cool thing to ponder.