IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

The World is an Illusion

Discussion in 'Science' started by Ramakrishnan, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Ramakrishnan

Ramakrishnan New Member

When you dream, you are living in a dream world that does not exist; but it is in your mind. When you are awake, you live in a real world, which also does not exist. The real world is in your cosmic mind. …The world is an illusion!

Quantum Physics says that there is no matter. Everything in the universe is energy, which vibrates in varying frequencies, producing an illusion of matter.

…..Facts may frighten you; but it is life. Live it.

WriteMoves and Jane Marie like this.
  2. ashaffer98

ashaffer98 New Member

I have never heard about this before, but it is believable. This is a topic I want to know more about. I am interested in these kinds of things.

Cara Jane likes this.
  3. Bianca88

Bianca88 New Member

I often comprehend on these ideas myself, especially during those walking on air feelings called Vertigo. I often feel like I'm dreaming and that I will wake up but I never do. Quantum physics may just be right, We may be spiritual beings having some kind of dream or illusion.
    If this is true and if there are differing or rather varying frequencies of energy isn't this idea in itself a case for a creator? If there is a stronger energy out there then surely this energy must have some control on the human race.

like you Ashaffer98, I am very interested in this idea and I will explore it further.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
  4. Marcelo Faria

Marcelo Faria New Member

I believe that this is more a philosophical question. Think about it. If we live in a dream world, maybe this is what real is, because there would not be anything more real than that. So, the question really is what is reality. If reality is what we think is true, than the world is real. If you think that the world would only be real if it is exactly equal to what you see, maybe the world would only be real to you and to no one else.

5. Cara Jane

Cara Jane New Member

I love this subject and I too believe this is the case, however this view point is a little difficult to get your head around.

Marcelo you are in saying that it is a philosophical question on the way one perceives reality and the world.

Ramakrishnan do you believe there are other life forces living on different frequencies and vibrations ?

6. Belovedad

Belovedad New Member

Sometimes I also wonder if the world revolves around me and as you say just an illusion. As convincing as it may be, I've killed the thought as I don't think the human brain can be accountable for so much detail. Another question would normally be, 'Are you in my illusion or am I in yours?'. It's a confusing route that I avoid.

Cara Jane likes this.
  7. Jane Marie

Jane Marie New Member

A fascinating subject that although we shy away from it because of lack of understanding, it is as old as humankind. I do think that we are vibrating energy with who we call God, vibrating at the highest frequency there is. I often wonder if we are all part of Gods dream but that wouldn't be fair on some of us.

It would mean, however, if we are part of someone's dream, then there is no hope for change in our lives unless they wanted it. I would rather believe that if we send out a frequency by our thoughts, that we would attract that frequency back to us. This would then mean that we are not part of an illusion but can change our lives if we want to.

Cryptoreal likes this.
  8. Cryptoreal

Cryptoreal Member

Anything that exists in the mind, real or not, as so long as it exists..it is very much real in some dimension of our timeline. What seems not to be real is as real as the breath you breath but cannot see it.

9. Flaming_Dorito

Flaming_Dorito New Member

Well, it is possible that it is all just an illusion, but, unless you want to dive into quantum physics and agitate your mind with other uncertainties, truthfully, we will never know.

Although it is quite a bizarre concept to think about, the truth is, it doesn't really matter. If we discover the world is real, nothing in our lives will change. If we discover the world is not real, well, it will definitely not have a positive impact, many may just give up not seeing the point of doing anything.

Therefore, it is better we do not dwell on all these possibilities and just be happy that we can experience the world. Real or not.

However if there is anybody who would like to know more about this bizarre idea, here is an interesting article i found. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...orld-simply-ILLUSION-says-leading-expert.html

10. melody daniel

melody daniel New Member

I have heard about this theory before, it's quiet interesting but my mind has already been programmed so much by religion that i don't agree with you.

P.S: put up more argument.

11. VLXF

VLXF New Member

It's all a matter of perspective. Energy in a scientific sense is also a measure of the amount of 'work' something can do. To simply state that everything is energy especially after naming Quantum Physics right before, you are trying to 'hijack' scientific terms. It's not that I completely disagree with what you are trying to convey, but the language is vague and imprecise. It could easily lead to misunderstanding and to what some would describe as 'quantum quackery'. Also what does it mean to say there is no 'matter', what is matter exactly anyway?

I think one thing you can state with certainty is, that the world is a lot more mysterious than everyday suggestions would suggest. For example an atom is empty for 99.999999% Yet they are the fundamental building blocks for all that we consider solid matter. This is not the same as saying that everything is an illusion or that matter doesn't exist. It just means that what we perceive is different in quality than what we'd expect it to be at the fundamental level.

12. Kings.teomanc

Kings.teomanc New Member

Coming into being is existence and the potency of existence is being tarnish by death; a masterpiece of illusion. Have you ever question the reality of being? That something and/or someone is here but no more? The feeling that you can actually grasp on something but watch it fade away like it never did existed?

I was away from home two weeks ago and I got a call from mum saying your uncle; my brother is dead. I paused, left my mouth ajar unknowingly thinking, deliberating and trying to fathom the message that was passed to me. As I pounder on that, I watched all the memories I'd shared with him fade like a dust as though it was never there in the first place. That was when I came to a conclusion that this world we are living in is a true definition of illusion.