IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

To have one season all year round

Discussion in 'Outdoors' started by Stormie Barsten, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Stormie Barsten

Stormie Barsten New Member

Wouldn’t it be nice if there was a place that was fall weather all year round? I mean the crisp smell of leaves in the air, the warmth but yet the cool weather at the same time. Sweater type of weather and the sun was still out shining. I love the fall, the weather and Halloween. It just seems like the season Fall is shorter and shorter every year. It seems like we leave summer and jump right into winter most years. Just think it would be amazing to have just one season all year round. If that was possible what season would you pick to have all year round?

nikki rose and Krissttina Isobe like this.
  2. bella556

bella556 Member

I like fall but not all year round. I do well when the weather is in the high 70's.No humidity is great too with lots of gentle wind blowing among the trees. Now I am older winter time is hard because of the pain in my hands. I know walking is a big help to me when the weather is just right. I like the statement you made when you said we leave summer and jump right into winter. Maybe the winter will be a mild one here in Michigan.

Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  3. trenee

trenee New Member

I would not mind if it was fall all year long. Fall is a happy medium between summer and winter. Not too hot, not too cold, yet it still gets cool enough to drink some hot coffee or tea. Add in the beautiful leaves and it makes a great background for photos outside.

4. abunae

abunae New Member

Autumn is a nice season, I love wearing sweaters and the smell of crisp leaves. My favourite part is when the leaves change colour, it's very beautiful. The nice breeze is also great!

However, if it was possible to have one season all year round, I would pick the winter. Cold weather doesn't affect me much, I just wear more layers! I think snow is one of the most beautiful things - it's so delicate and pure. Perhaps it's because white is one of my favourite colours? Not sure, but the sight of snow covering the branches of trees, the park bench, the modest sidewalk, the large rooftops, are breathtaking. I also quite like blowing into the air and seeing the puff of water vapour, I feel like a dragon haha.

5. Natasha0717

Natasha0717 New Member

Yes, definitely Fall. The air is always so cool and dry. The best breathing weather, and by far, the most comfortable weather.

I like Spring too, but not when it starts getting too hot like towards the end of May. I actually feel a little unwell during the summer months, believe it or not. That's why whenever I plan a trip (like to Myrtle Beach), I make sure I go in the early Spring, so the weather isn't too hot or sunny. I love the beach, but not when that blinding sun is beating down on you and you can't even concentrate, let alone walk the beach just for fun. I can handle anything below 70 degrees. Go any higher than that, like 75-90...and that's when I start to get cranky.

Oh, and as for the winter months, love them. I just don't like getting trapped indoors for days because of ice storms. I don't worry too much about driving on snow, but ice, that's a whole different <and scary> story.

nikki rose and Krissttina Isobe like this.
  6. Jane Marie

Jane Marie New Member

It would be pretty amazing to have one season all year round and be able to choose which one we happened to live with. However, it is that we need all four seasons for perfect growth. We need the spring as we get the new buds and new life, we need the summer as we see every wonderful thing in bloom. The autumn comes and nature starts to slow down and make itself ready to hibernate ready for the cold long nights of the winter.

I love every season, the colourful blossoms of spring, the shades of green in the summer. Autumn's gold to red and the crisp white of winter.

7. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Member

I was born in the autumn months and love autumn too, yet all four seasons are essential as Jane says too. But to choose just one for me it'll be autumn too. I love autumn colors, love the cool breezy weather. Even if I live in Hawaii we do have our seasons like everywhere else, we got hot summers sometimes going into the 90 and I feel like I'm living in an oven very uncomfortable for me. It's got to be autumn all year through with lower temps in the higher 70's and just 80 degrees, sweet cool north east breezes we call tradewinds and just a hint of sprinkle rain at evening and night to replenish our water wells, perfect weather, if you ask me.:)

8. Kaushik Angara

Kaushik Angara New Member

I wouldn't personally prefer having a same season all around. Here in India, we have 3 common seasons(Summer, Winter and The Rainy season) which span 4 months each. I prefer varying seasons. It kind of gives you a fresh start every 3 months. In the summers, the temperatures go really high(as high as 50C) and the winters are relatively cooler(around 10-15C). The rainy season is a mix with some days being mildly hot and some others being cold.

My living habits also change according the seasons and thereby it gives me a chance to adapt to the changing environment. Who can forget the cold delicious ice-creams in the summers and the hot street food in the chilling winters?

9. mimi

mimi New Member

Fall always reminded me of South Korea since my first visit there was during the autumn season. Thus it somewhat somehow makes fall really special for me! ^_^

10. nikki rose

nikki rose New Member

I adore Fall as well, that would be the season I would choose as well. I live in Florida so it always summer, and the humidity is almost unbearable from June through September. I don't like the summer months in Florida so much and the 90 degree days often begin in April.

I am from Michigan where I experienced the four seasons and the older I become, the more I miss the four seasons. I enjoy Fall and Spring the most and snow is always festive on Christmas morning. Hot coffee seems to be most delightful when the outside temperature is between 50 and 65 degrees, my preferred outdoor temperature.