IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

To watch or Not to watch, That's the question.

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Mavic123456, May 19, 2018.

1. Mavic123456

Mavic123456 New Member

ui.png What is dubbing or dub? There are so many definitions of the word dub one of this is a change of sound and speech in a film or TV series, from one language to another.

A movie/tv series shown in a country, not of its origin is usually dubbed either in English or the official language of that particular country.

Sometimes, it is ok most of the time it sucks. I don't like to watch Korean TV series dubbed in English because it looks weird somehow.

Do you like to watch dubbed TV series/movies or do you prefer subtitles instead? What's your take on this?

2. f_liperodrigues

f_liperodrigues New Member

I'm from Brazil and I used to watch only movies, tv shows, and animes dubbed in Portuguese. But, I started to like the English language and then I started to like to watch movies and everything with the original audio and subtitles in Portuguese, it's really very better, it's more natural, and sometimes the dub is really bad.

So now, I always watch everything with subtitles, even the animes I watch in Japanese. It's been a while that I watch movies with subtitles in English too, to practice my English, and soon, I intend to watch movies in English and no subtitles.

3. rinklea

rinklea New Member

I do not like dubbed movies because no matter how much they try a little or more part of the meaning is changed.Also watching a movie in its original audio with subtitles helps to understand it better.

I am from India and I always watch an English movie or a TV show with subtitles as it helps to improve my English and also it does not spoil the literal meaning of the dialogues.